𝟼𝟷| 𝐈 𝐖𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

Your group was hardly given enough time to register this discovery as a high-pitched scream reverberated from inside the house.

Panic took form in everyone's expressions as Dewey and Gale rushed out of the closet. As your vision darted around the room to locate the direction in which the scream originated, an immediate realization hit you. The host of this lackluster party had never arrived. And both the ghostface costume and voice modulator were stored in a closet inside Milton's home.

If you remember correctly, Stu had also hosted a party of his own, where he revealed himself as one of the killers. This was all too similar to be a coincidence.

"Fucking Christ!" You exclaimed, gaining everyone's attention. "John Milton is the killer."

"Oh my God," Gale breathed out. "We gotta go find the others."

"Alright, Y/n you go with Gale to find Roman and Jennifer," Dewey said while handing Gale his gun as you all headed back into the foyer. "Randy and I are gonna look for the other two."

"Be careful." Gale pleaded.

"You too," Dewey muttered.

As your group dispersed down different ends of the hall, you could hear Randy questioning Dewey on why you and Gale got to have the gun. You wanted to sock him for being a wuss but now wasn't the time.

"Gale, do you still have the voice changer?" You asked while walking down a short set of stairs that led into the ginormous dining room.

"Yeah, right here." She held Dewey's gun in one hand, passing you the circular device with the other.

You began to whisper into the modulator, pressing different buttons to see how many voices the killer had captured as the two of you made it across the room, exiting through the cathedral archway.

"Roman!" Gale called out, turning the left toward the basement. "Jennifer!"

You checked your peripherals, worried her shouting might draw attention to you both but you needed to find the others and get the fuck out before Milton made an appearance.

"Holy shit–" You spoke into the device, startling yourself as it echoed in Sidney's voice. It was strange hearing her talk, even if it technically wasn't her speaking. You'd almost forgotten the sound of her voice, but hearing her so clearly stirred up old feelings, the kind of grief you've been repressing since the night she died.

"Jesus, that's fucked." Gale whispered, taking note of your reaction.

"And that says a lot coming from you," You chuckled, masking your affliction with a quip. Gale simply rolled her eyes as she tried not to smile right as you made it to the basement.

You pulled the door open, and Gale stood atop the staircase, holding the gun with a slight tremble in her hand.

"Roman!" She shouted again, inching down the stairs with you close behind. "Jennifer!"

You both jumped when the door creaked shut, and Gale instinctively grabbed ahold of your forearm. With caution, you continued to descend the last few steps.

As the lights flickered inside the dark eerie basement, Gale's grip on you tightened. You gave her a reassuring nod as you began maneuvering through the old, creepy movie props. They looked as if they belonged in grotesque horror films from the 60s and 70s, kept as souvenirs by Milton.

"Roman!" You called desperately.

You exchanged a frightened look with Gale as you spotted a casket with a neon green light emitting from it. Gradually creeping closer, the top half appeared to be cracked open by something you couldn't perceive. Gale reached a hand forward, gripping the top as she wedged it open.