𝟺𝟿| 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐞-𝐈𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲

Exactly five minutes have passed since you arrived at Roman's office, only you hadn't made it past the door yet. Every time you gathered enough courage to knock, you'd back down due to overthinking.

Although Billy hadn't gotten to finish what he was going to say about Roman, you were already assuming the worst. You didn't want to make unwarranted accusations toward the man, but you couldn't help it. It was like your brain had subconsciously decided that he was untrustworthy, and now you were afraid that you could no longer act normal around him.

Sure, you can avoid Roman outside of work but during work was a different story. This overthinking could ruin your job here which is the only good thing you have going for you.

"...Screw Billy." You mumbled under your breath. Without a second thought, you raised your fist and knocked on the door with a newfound determination.

You weren't going to allow Billy to scare you off again.

"Come in!" Roman called from the other side.

Throwing caution to the wind, you gripped the handle and twisted. The door opened with a whispered creak, and you anxiously slipped inside, shutting the door behind you.

There Roman sat, shuffling through an abundance of paperwork scattered across his desk, seeming outright stressed. You remained heedful when his gaze finally lifted to meet yours.

"Y/n," Roman greeted. The crease between his brows relaxed at the sight of you. You did well to conceal your nervousness as you stepped closer, standing directly opposite of him.

"You asked for me?"

"Yes." He leaned forward, opening the top left drawer of his desk and he began jumbling through a bunch of files. "There's a new script for my movie, and I need you to hand out copies to the cast."

Your curious gaze watched as he pulled out a thick tan file and began flipping through the pages for a quick scan. After determining that it was the correct one, he handed it to you.

"A new script?" You asked, quickly taking the file from him. "Isn't it kinda late? You've already started filming."

"Yeah well, Cotton's death had the studio demanding for a rewrite." He scoffed. "They're afraid this movie will lead to another outbreak in psychos. I mean, can you believe it?"

Your lips cracked a smile at Roman's response to these incredulous circumstances. You understood why he'd be upset but to a certain degree, you concurred with the studio.

"You know, I don't think movies create psychos, but I do think they can make psychos more creative." You mused.

Roman lounged back in his seat, intrigued by your input. You found it hard to read him, never quite knowing what he was thinking.

"Is that so?" He cocked a brow. "Well—"

The landline phone beside his desk began to ring, putting a halt to your conversation. "We'll finish this discussion later," he dismissed as he picked up the phone.

You nodded, holding the file close to your chest as you spun on your heel to leave.

Exiting Roman's office, you made your way back down to the set as you assumed that's where most of the actors would be. A few were gathered on the porch of Stu's house while a couple of set designers were still building the artificial bushes around the front.

"It's probably some psycho fan pissed they killed Randy in Stab 2," One of the male actors stated as he sat against the steps, arms crossed over his knees.

You had to stop yourself from laughing out loud as you recalled the memory of watching the second Stab movie with Randy. He was utterly shocked they killed off his character, seeing as he actually survived in real life. It was hilarious watching him write a wicked review regarding the inaccuracy of the movie while also nitpicking at all its flaws.