𝟸𝟾| 𝐆𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬

Friday, October 24, 1997
6:05 am

It had been a few hours since you and Sid were attacked by Ghostface at the Delta Lambda house. Your group gathered in the hospital where Derek's arm was being stitched up while the rest of you underwent short interrogations by the police.

They had asked you about your relations with the previous years' murders as well as the current ones. It was determined that the killer's motive likely stemmed from the idea of becoming Billy Loomis' successor, their goal being to kill off all survivors of Stu Macher's party. Meaning, everyone from Woodsboro was currently in the red zone.

Especially you and Sidney.

The police decided it was best if the two of you were each assigned your own bodyguards. You weren't sure how to feel about having two grown men watching your every move until this murder mystery was solved. But it wasn't like you weren't already used to being watched...

Thankfully, those guards haven't been assigned yet as you stood beside Derek while the nurse wrapped up his wound. He felt pretty grim after what happened, especially since Sidney hadn't spoken a single word to him after leaving the sorority house. She sat alone after being questioned, wallowing in her own self-condemnation.

"She can't even look at me," Derek muttered, wincing as the nurse wound the bandage a bit tightly.

"She feels guilty..." You voiced, gaze flickering down to his arm. "She thinks it's her fault you got hurt."

"But it's not. I chose to go after the killer, I thought I could stop him." He insisted. "Sid shouldn't blame herself."

Before you could respond, two sheriffs stepped around the curtain as it was Derek's turn to be interrogated. You knew that was your cue to leave when Dewey stood not far behind them, nodding you over.

"She just needs some time," you said, patting Derek's shoulder sympathetically. "She'll come around."

"Thanks." He whispered, giving a small smile. You returned the smile before heading over to Dewey.

"Hey, how're you feeling? You alright?" Dewey asked softly, almost like he thought you'd break if he spoke any louder. Although you weren't visibly brooding like Sid, you felt just as bad as she did. On top of that, you felt extremely guilty for keeping Stu and Billy a secret from her. You knew they were here—you've even spoken with them—yet, you still haven't told anyone. That was betrayal in itself. And Sidney's had enough betrayal in her life.

"If I had a nickel for every time someone's asked me that today," You let out a huff of air.

"I know. I'm sorry." Dewey cracked a smile at your half-hearted joke. "I just worry about you two. Trouble seems to follow no matter where you go. I'm afraid to take my eyes off you kids for even a second."

"Dewey, it's not just us that's unsafe. I meant it when I said to watch your back," You cautioned. "You know what it's like to lose someone important to you— we both lost a sibling last year. I couldn't stand it if you or anyone else got killed too."

The despair your eyes carried was enough for Dewey to pull you into a warm embrace as he sought to bring you solace.

"We're going to find whoever's doing this, and put a stop to them before they can hurt anyone else." He stated reassuringly while rubbing your back. You nodded against his chest, wanting to believe him, regardless of how low the chances were.

"Did Randy tell you we were meeting up for lunch later?" Dewey asked as you eventually broke apart. "You think you're still up for it?"

"Yeah," You smiled with a newfound determination. "The sooner we throw this killer behind bars, the sooner I can go back to living a normal life. And I mean that for all of us."