𝟸𝟸| 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐛

Wednesday, October 22, 1997
8:05 pm

"Holy fuck," you let out an exasperated huff, scanning the long line of people waiting to enter the Rialto Theatre. "Jesus, they're even selling those ghostface masks as Stab merchandise. How fucked up is that?"

Randy scoffed as you pointed to the workers handing out free masks to those in line to see the new Stab movie.

"Very fucked up indeed," he replied, tossing an arm over your shoulders. "The guy they cast as me looks nothing like me."

You shook your head with a laugh. You weren't even surprised that that was what Randy focused on, and not on the fact that the entire movie revolves around what happened in Woodsboro last year. The directors for Stab got all their information from Gale Weathers' book which wasn't exactly to a T.

"I don't know, Randy... the resemblance is uncanny." You teased.

Randy rolled his eyes as the two of you continued down the block until you reached the theatre playing, I Know What You Did Last Summer. It's this new horror film that came out last Friday and is supposedly really good. Randy, being a film geek, needed to see it and of course, he just had to bring you along with him. Though, you weren't complaining. You'd take any chance away from the two sorority chicks who keep following you around campus, hoping you'll finally join them.

"Two please," Randy said to the lady behind the ticket booth while pulling out his wallet.

A sudden gush of wind surged by, making you shiver at the cool breeze. You rubbed your arms while glancing around warily. The minute you left your dorm earlier, you've had the strangest sensation of being watched. Even now, with all these people around, you still couldn't shake the feeling.

Ever since the prom five months ago, you've been on edge. That note... you knew it was from Billy and Stu. They were watching, waiting for the perfect time to make their return. It scared you shitless not knowing when they'd make their move or what to expect. You did well to mask your fear from your friends and family. Hell, you even traveled to a whole new state for college just to get away from Woodsboro. You thought you'd be safe from them, however, the feeling of watchful eyes never ceased.

Some say you could just be paranoid... witnessing the death of your brother and two friends left internal scars. You haven't been the same since, but you did a damn good job at hiding it. Masking your grief has become easy. It's one of the only things you're good at.

"Enjoy the movie." The lady in the booth smiled as she handed Randy the tickets.

"You too," he told her and immediately walked inside after the initial cringe. You quickly followed after him with a big ole grin on your face as that little interaction pulled you away from your thoughts.

"You too?" You quirked a brow.

"Shut up." He scowled, turning right towards the concessions. You snickered while walking behind him before stopping to take in all the snack options.

"You want the usual?" Randy asked, looking over his shoulder at you.

You nodded, scanning the display until your gaze locked onto the Icee machine. "Oooh, let's get slushies."

"Half blue, half red?"

"You know it." You said, smiling as you stepped back to let him order.

As the worker began preparing your popcorn and drinks, you glanced over at the restrooms before looking back at Randy. "I need to use the bathroom. I'll be right back." You told him, wanting to go before the movie started.

"What did I tell you about saying that, Orth? It's rule three, for crying out loud!" Randy exclaimed dramatically.

"Hey, I'm not the only rule breaker here." You pointed an accusing finger at him. "Who was it again that lost their virginity in the porno section at the video store?"

Randy turned to face you with an immediate rebuttal, "How could I refuse something like that? A guy like me will take anything he can get, especially after I blew it with Sid."

"First of all, you didn't blow it. You didn't even confess to Sidney after prom like I told you to." You stated matter-of-factly. "And second of all, Karen Kolchak? Really? You told me she was creepy."

"She was... but that doesn't mean she wasn't hot." He said while grabbing the popcorn after the worker placed it on the counter.

"Men." You rolled your eyes, waving him off as you headed to the bathrooms alone.

You walked down the hall and turned left into the women's bathroom. You took notice of the room's emptiness and the vacant stalls. The urge to pee hasn't hit you yet, but you didn't want to have to go halfway through the movie and miss some of it.

You moved to stand in front of the sink, exhaling deeply as you stared at your reflection. The stress of school has already been wearing you thin, but now this new release of the Stab movie has brought back those horrible memories of Woodsboro. It's all you could think about this past week.

The thought of having to relive those horrors was enough to send you into cardiac arrest. A sequel was something no one wanted.

"Y/n."

Your eyes widened slightly at the faint whisper of your name. You instantly spun around to face the stalls you thought were empty.

"Hello?" You asked feebly.

There was no response.

You'd like to believe that you were simply hearing things, but you knew better than that.

Two large feet slowly planted themselves on the ground in the stall farthest from you. Your breath hitched as the person stepped out, dressed in a black cloak with that stupid ghost mask.

The figure stood directly across from you, staring and saying nothing. You found that you weren't as afraid as before. This could possibly be another person who came to see Stab.

"Hey, you're in the wrong place. They're playing Stab in the theater down the street." You spoke up with a little more courage.

However, your eyes landed on the shiny object in their hand, and your body began to shift backwards involuntarily. This person was a little too big to be a woman...

The figure noticed your faltered expression and slowly held up their hand to reveal what was in their grasp.

"Oh, fuck." A shaky breath escaped your lips at the sight of that familiar curved knife.

The figure suddenly charged at you, causing you to stumble back while trying to avoid the blade they swung. You quickly spun around, staggering a bit before bolting out of the bathroom.

You rushed down the hall, heart pounding fast in your chest. As you checked over your shoulder to see if the masked person was chasing after you, you accidentally bumped into someone.

You gasped as popcorn flew everywhere and you looked back in front of you to see Randy.

"Jesus, Y/n." He said, gripping the bucket of popcorn tighter after almost spilling it all. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

You didn't respond, too focused on what just happened to speak. You double-checked behind you to see you hadn't been followed out the bathroom.

Randy's frown only deepened after taking in your panicked state. "Hey, are you alright?"

You shook your head fiercely, gripping his arm as you tried to calm down.

"The sequel..." You paused, taking a moment to catch your breath. "It's about to begin."