𝟶𝟹| 𝐈'𝐦 𝐀𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐎𝐮𝐭

You were utterly blindsided by the mention of your brother's name. You clutched Casey's arm for moral support as you tried to comprehend the point of revealing he knew Steve.

"How do you know his name?" Casey's voice shook with each word.

"Turn on the patio light."

Everything stilled after his sudden demand. Casey looked to you for help as she was frozen to the spot, her sobs raking through the room. The caller had led you right into his trap, it was as clear as day.

Your hands shook as you reluctantly stepped toward the light switch, flicking the patio lights on.

"Oh, God!" Casey turned, her tear-stained face contorted into a look of horror as she screamed. The lights revealed a battered and bruised Steve as he was tied to a chair by the pool, his mouth sealed with duct tape.

You stifled a gasp as you hurled your body forward, his wide desperate eyes pleading with yours to help him. Before you could even attempt to open the door, the caller's rash voice spoke.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Where are you?" Casey questioned as she was pressed up against the glass, watching your brother through teary eyes. He was out there trapped and in pain, and neither of you could do a damn thing about it.

"Guess."

"Please don't hurt him," Casey begged as Steve struggled with his restraints. You felt nauseated at the sight of blood dripping down the side of his head. His piercing blue eyes watching you both in terrified confusion.

"That all depends on you." The caller replied in a chilling tone.

Casey handed the phone off to you as her cries prevented her from speaking. You took it hesitantly, your eyes never leaving your brother.

"Why are you doing this?" You choked out, the lump in your throat making it harder to talk. "Please, just let him go."

You felt hopeless in pleading with the deranged caller until he responded.

"𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥."

"What?" Your brows furrowed. What kind of twisted person?

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞." He reiterated flippantly. You glanced at Casey to see if she had heard him. She shook her head at that, in absolute refusal.

"Then he dies right now!"

"No!" Her voice cracked as she sobbed harder for Steve. The tears that pooled in your eyes finally spilled upon watching her break down.

"Which is it?" The caller asked sharply, becoming impatient.

"What kind of game?" You feebly questioned.

"Turn off the light. You'll see what kind of game."

You squeezed your eyes shut at his command, inhaling deeply before opening them again. Steve saw as you slowly reached for the light. He began to shout your name through the tape, shaking his head no. But it wasn't up for debate. He'd die if you didn't.