𝟷𝟽| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡

When the police arrived on scene, you knew it'd be best if Billy went home. Being in the same place as the killer two days in a row would make him look more suspicious than he already did. But you told him you'd call later once everything was settled.

The entirety of the situation was chaos. You were questioned by the police, and by several reporters that somehow found out about the attack. Deputy Burke even assigned a patrol car to keep a watch out by your house as this wasn't the first time this masked killer has targeted you. Everyone thought it was a miracle you somehow escaped the clutches of death once again. However, only you knew the truth; the killer spared you. But why?

The minute your mother arrived, she angrily chased off the reporters, demanding they leave her property at once. She then, engulfed you in her tight embrace and called your father to tell him what had happened. He instantly tried calling off work. It wasn't until you reassured him countless times that you were okay, and that he should continue working when he finally agreed to stay.

Just as the sun began to set, only three other people remained on your front porch: Dewey, Sid, and Tatum.

"I'm sorry, Tate, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to go to Stu's party." You told the blonde, sneaking a glance over at your mother. "I don't want to leave my mom by herself. What if the killer came back?"

"There's a patrol car right outside keeping watch. I'm sure it'll be okay." Tatum countered persuasively, looking to Sidney for backup.

"Yeah, I mean, if I have to go so do you," Sid said, revealing her playful smile.

"Oh, honey, I'm fine." Your mother said which surprised you. "As long as Dewey is there to keep watch and you're around other people at all times, then I think it's okay for you to go. Besides, your father will be home soon, so I'm not too worried."

Your parents have always been more lenient than others—especially your mother—but you hadn't expected her to agree so easily. Though, you weren't about to complain.

"Of course, ma'am. I'll make sure nothing happens to the girls." Dewey confidently assured, and your mother smiled at that.

"See? Everything will be fine." Tatum insisted. You looked at your mother for reassurance to which she gave a prompt nod.

"Oh, alright." You gave in.

A giddy grin sprawled on Tatum's face as she grabbed your hand and Sid's, pulling you both down the steps of your porch. You laughed at her excitement, it seemed to be contagious.

"Be safe!" Your mother hollered just as you reached Dewey's car.

"You too!" You told her before crawling inside the backseat with Sid while Tatum sat in the front.

It wasn't long before you arrived at the Macher Residence. Dewey pulled in between several cars, parking momentarily to let you all out. "Alright, you girls have fun. Not too much fun or I'll bust ya." He half-joked.

Tatum rolled her eyes before grabbing the grocery bags and hopping out. You and Sid giggled whilst pushing the front seat down and maneuvering out of the car. "Bye Dewey." You waved.

Blaring music and chattering voices could be heard from outside just before the three of you headed through the door. You turned into the kitchen where you spotted Stu pouring alcohol down some makeshift tube as another boy drank from it.

"Oh, that's real mature." Tatum commented while placing the bags on the countertop.

"You guys were tardy for the party, so we started without you," Stu stated. His gaze shifted to you before holding the wonky tube out. "Wanna try?"