Chapter Thirty-Two

Orin's Point of View

"So he has a kid?" I narrowed my eyes as Anita had just finished explaining what this Stephan kid was about.

I had came all the way from home in order to shed some light onto this situation. I was purely incapable of taking the hatred my sister had thrown at me and it had grown stronger by the day. Yesterday she had fucking called me "Satan" and threw me with her toothbrush which remarkably hit me in the eye.

So here I am doing my research, and from what I've heard by the nagging that had slipped from everyone's lips was that Stephan was actually a pretty decent guy but I refuse to believe it. I came down here to observe him, to listen to his story and give him a chance to change my mind.

The truth is, I love my sister and it fucking hurts to have someone you love this much despise you with a burning passion, I now had a taste of what Anita had felt concerning me and I now understood her pain.

"Yes, and he doesn't have a kid. Grace had a miscarriage, is what Pais had told me." She said pulling me from my thoughts as we sat comfortably in her lounge.

"Oh." I said scratching the back of my neck, losing a kid must be hard, I couldn't help but hurt for him even though I disliked him.

"He asks about her whenever he sees me." Anita smiled.

"What you mean?" I asked raising a brow as I listened to her.

"Whenever I'm out front gardening and he's about to leave to go somewhere he always comes over before climbing into his car to ask how Paisley's doing and if she's okay. Always Orin. It's so sweet." She giggled as a small smile appeared across my face without me acknowledging it.

"He truly cares for her. I can see it in his eyes." She nodded.

"Anita do you mind if I stay over tonight?" I asked as she perked up.

"No problem." She said. "I never thought that you would ever come back to visit or even call me again."

"Well people change." I grinned.

"Orin, I am sorry about the past. I was stupid and I regret it. I really regret it and there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think of you and Paisley, you may not believe me when I say I love you but I do honey, I love you so much and-"

"I forgive you. It's okay, we all fuck up sometimes." I said cutting her off as I stood up in order to hug her, the hug was long over but she had taken comfort in holding me for a moment longer and I allowed her to do so.

"Okay, Anita I'm going upstairs to take a nap that car ride was tiring." I picked up my keys and walked my way to the staircase.

"Sure, honey." She glowed with joy as I stepped myself up the flight of stairs and then crashed my body down onto my bed feeling a warm
sensation taking over my chest, mostly hitting my heart. It was weird but I enjoyed how it had made me feel. I felt like the fucking Grinch when his heart had grown two sizes bigger on Christmas Day.

Stephan's Point of View

"Toby, you already drunk?" I yelled as I could hear the music playing from his side of the call.

"Yeahhh!" He groaned.

"Fuck sake put Lana on the phone."

"Hello, Steph?"

"Yeah. How did Toby get so drunk, didn't we all agree to meet at eleven!?" I looked over at my new wrist watch to notice that it was eleven thirty. Eleven thirty and Toby was already fucking drunk!?

"He's been at the club for a few hours already, when I got here he was vomiting in some girls handbag." She laughed.

"Fuck." I shook my head as I smiled. "What's he doing now?" I asked as I grabbed my leather jacket from the couch while noticing Blueberry's books still stacked on the coffee table in the same way she had left it.