Chapter Thirty-Five Part 3

Paisley's Point of View

"Are we lost?" I asked curiously as he pulled the leafy branches out of my way so I could walk further without struggle.

"No we're not lost." He said letting go of the branches as they snapped back into place, slicing through the cold air creating a swooshing sound. "I know exactly where we are." He spoke.

"Oh my god, we're so lost." I said walking over a small bolder as he began to laugh.

"I promise, we're almost there." He replied, now walking beside me as he watched my feet and then scanned our surroundings to make sure that I was safe and out of harms way.

"Where is "there" anyway?" I smiled. We've been in this forest for over thirty minutes now and I grew a bit impatient as every minute had passed. He refused to tell me what he had planned or why the hell we were in this forest at sunset but I trust him so I failed to worry about it.

"Blueberry, I told you it's a surprise."

"I know, I know but can you give me a hint." I pressed while making my sad face as I stared at him walking beside me, while my feet tracked over a vertical log that I now tried balancing on by placing one foot before the other.

"Okay....um...a birds view." He shrugged.

"A birds view? That's my hint?" I asked almost stumbling off the side of the bark as he quickly grabbed ahold of me preventing me from stumbling down and twisting my ankle.

"No more log walking." He nodded as he held me in his arms, giving me a serious look as if he was scared to death and then I lifted myself from his arms to walk upright on the ground as he held onto my hand while I smiled awkwardly.

"So "a birds view" is my hint?" I said getting back to the topic we were discussing.

"Yeah."

"Mmmm." I thought for a second. "I got it, we're going sky diving aren't we?" I guessed.

"No, but fuck we should definitely do that one day." He seemed excited at the thought.

"Count me in." I smiled.

"Stephan?" I said thinking about Bree. I guess speaking about doing future activities with Stephan had made my mind quickly bolt through time and Bree was what had come up almost instantly.

"Yes baby?"

"I want to meet your daughter." I said slowly, listening to my own voice and how weird it had sounded to say that.

"When?"

"Today." I said as we both trailed further into the forest.

"After our date?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Where is she at this moment?"

"She's with my mom and dad, they begged me to let them babysit." He said reaching for the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Why do they have to beg to see their grandchild?" I laughed.

"I don't know." He chuckled lightly. "I'm very protective when it comes to her and I guess I'm in that stage where I don't trust anyone with my kid...I don't think anyone can protect her the way I can due to how crazy my life has been before her, concerning Ian and Grace and fuck sake...it just makes me cautious." He explained.

"Yeah, I totally understand." I nodded.

"Your brother's quite good with her though. Fuck sake believe it or not but he's one of the few people I feel comfortable with to have around Bree."