𝟏𝟐

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

"Maeve- you getting up?" John leaned against her door, toothpick in between his teeth. She held the covers against her face and groaned, "no."

"Maeve, Tommy said you're coming with us to the race." John reminded her, checking his time piece. "Not going." She said bluntly. John looked at the curtains and wasted no time before pulling them apart.

"Tommy says you're coming."

"And Maeve says i'm not." She said. Her sentence confused him slightly but it wasn't difficult to confuse John Shelby.

"I'm getting Tommy."

"Fucking get him, i don't care!" She shouted, kicking the door closed with her foot and shoving her head into the white pillow. Maeve really didn't feel like going to the races.

Because Billy Kimber and his men would be there, as well as the Lee family. And considering she couldn't stand either. She didn't feel like running into them.

"Maeve," Tommy swung the door open, letting it clash with the wall. "Up you get, we don't have long." He demanded, opening the wardrobe and throwing some clothes onto her bed.

"Thomas I swear to god if you don't fuck off you won't be going to the races yourself." She threatened. "Is that a threat?"

"A promise." She hissed, keeping her eyes clothes.

"Maeve, we really don't have time for this. So get the fuck up-" he pulled the sheet and threw it to the floor, "and get ready because we need you today. Don't fuck this up."

"Well you fuck everything up but here we are!" Maeve shouted, taking her pillow and launching it at him. Tommy scowled and let the pillow fall to the floor and walked out.

"Bastard." She whispered, wiping her eyes and starting to get ready.

-

"Still don't know why youse dragged me out of bed for this," Maeve said as the van came to a halt.

Arthur stepped out of the van, walking round and grabbing her shoulder, taking her round the where the rest of the Peaky Blinders where. "I can walk myself," she told him, shrugging his hand away.

John walked around the corner, his arms open and grinning. Arthur jumped onto a wooden bench after pushing his daughter toward John and Finn.

"Attention!" Arthur said in a sing-song voice. "Right, this is what's known as your final briefing before going over the top, " he said. "Sixty miles down that road is the Cheltenham race track." he pointed. "Johnny, what is our mission, boy?" he asked his younger brother.

"To stick it to the Lee Family, Arthur!" he shouted, leaning back. "That's right," Arthur smiled. "The Lees are skimming money off the legal bookies. Running chalk, selling raffles, then beating them as they won't buy. But today, we're going to stop them"

"What about Kimbers men, I thought he had his own protection?" John spoke up, his hand in the air like a school boy. "Kimber has let his troops go rotten." Arthur informed. "They're on the take from the Lees to look the other way. We're gonna show Kimber how it's done. Now take what you're good at." he said pointing at the box of weapons.