𝟑𝟏

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

John walked through the cobble prison, putting his arms out and allowing the copper to search him. "What we got here then?" he asked, taking Johns cap.

The doors opened and a copper came out, holding Arthur by the arm. "Get your fuckin hands off me," he spat. John grinned. "Here he is, king of London town. You been enjoying yourself?"

"Oh yeah, it's fucking great. Surrounded by Sabini's men. Rats everywhere. Fucking cockneys."

"Well at least you're gonna get what you always wanted." John shrugged. "And what's that?" Arthur asked. "You tried to hang yourself twice, now the Kings gonna do it for you." Arthur scoffed and began pacing, "i've been a fucking idiot." Arthur mumbled. "Yeah," John agree. "I haven't appreciated anything John."

"Are you fucking repenting or something?" John asked, a disgusted look on his face. "Drawing. I used to be good a drawing."

"Arthur..please- for gods sake. I don't need this." John groaned. "I should've listened more in class," Arthur continued. "What fucking class, you were never there."

"I used to draw horses, stallions."

"Arthur. Not stallions not now."

"Great big ones. I should of done more with my life John, with things, even Ada said it wasn't my fault."

"Arthur will you listen?"

"They're gonna hang me John."

"They're not gonna hang you." John shook his head. "Says who?" Arthur looked up. "Says Tommy." Arthur stepped in front of John and let out a breath, holding up his wrists, "and how's Houdini gonna get me out of this? Don't tell me he's got a plan. You don't know what that plan is do ya John? Cause we're just- we can't be trusted. If he's so fucking clever why am i in here?"

"Will you shut up? Fucking shut up." John shouted, "he's already told me what i've got to do."

"Yeah course he has," Arthur huffed, "and how's Maeve?"

"Bad. She got fucking arrested with Michael for the fire in the Marquis, Arthur she's only just gotten out." John said. Arthur's face dropped, "you fuckin what?"

"Arthur her face- it's awful." John winced, thinking about it.

Arthur leaned forward, "tell me Tommy's doin something about it, eh? Tell me he's doing something. Nobody lays a finger on my daughter and gets away with it!" Arthur gritted through his teeth.

"Yes, he's got a plan or something, i think..she'll be alright, as long as she's home, she's alright."

-

Maeve sat with her chin on the table, rolling a pencil back and forth. "You okay, love?" Polly asked, walking into the house with Micheal behind her.

He stopped and stared at her bruised face for a moment. His face wasn't that bad.

"Stop staring," Maeve said, not looking away from the pencil, "and yeah, i'm fine." She replied. Polly dug inside her bag and pulled out a small bottle, "medicine."