𝟐𝟎

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

"I can't believe it," Arthur paced the room, wiping his mouth whilst Polly gently cleaned up Maeve's wound. "Can't believe Tom would put Maeve, my daughter, in such fucking danger!"

"Oh Arthur will you shut up," Polly scolded, wiping Maeve's wound with an alcohol soaked cloth. "Bloody hell, Pol." Maeve hissed, biting her lip in pain.

"When i agreed to letting Maeve have a bit more knowledge of what we do, i didn't agree to shit like this!" Arthur continued rambling. Maeve groaned loudly and threw a cloth at him, "he didn't know it was going to happen! It was a wrong place, wrong time kind of situation." She defended.

"Yeah, right." Arthur scoffed.

"What, you think Tom randomly decided , oh let's take my niece to the car garage where Sabini will be waiting for us, that's an amazing idea!" Maeve said in a mocking tone, him. "No, he didn't so shut up and go drink some whiskey or something."

Arthur huffed and threw himself down in a chair. The door swung open and John and Isiah stumbled in, laughing their heads off.

"No, you should've seen their faces!" John struggled to breath, hitting Isiah's arm. Isiah shook his head, holding a cigarette between his fingers. "Bloody hell," John's eyes widened, "the fucks happened to you?"

Isiah pulled a face of disgust and blew smoke from his mouth. "Thanks John, real nice." Maeve said sarcastically.

Isiah looked around the room, grabbing a bottle of rum and shoving it into the girls hand, "it'll help, swear."

Maeve stared at his hand for a moment before accepting it, "what've you doing to it?" She raised an eyebrows. Isiah pursed his lips into a straight line, "nothing, it's just rum."

She hummed and took a swig, almost choking when Polly wiped the wound again. "Fucking hell!" Maeve shouted, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Isiah stood in the corner, biting back his laugh at the girls pain. "Isiah Jesus if you don't wipe that smirk of you're face, you'll wish you were never born!" She shouted, attempting to jump from the seat, only to be pushed down by John. "Unless you want to be told to sit like a dog, i'd suggest you stop with your antics." John warned.

"Whatever," she huffed, leaning back into the chair.

-

"So where are we going?" Isiah asked, taking out a cigarette and lighting it. "Im going to see Max Montgomery," Maeve corrected him, accepting the offer when he pointed the cigarette box toward her.

"Oh i see how it is," Isiah raised an eyebrow.

"Isiah please don't annoy me, you've don't that enough today and it's only six o'clock." Maeve said, stopping so he could light it for her.

"Come on, Shelby. Don't act like you don't love it."

"I don't." She replied bluntly. Isiah was completely amused by her refusal. "So you don't want to kiss me?"

Maeve stopped dead in her tracks, "who the fuck mentioned anything about kissing, Isiah- but no i don't want to kiss you. Are you utterly insane?"