𝟔𝟏

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏

Maeve woke up with the worst headache she'd ever felt. It didn't take long before everything that had happened the night previous rushed back to her.

Her and Arthur were back on good terms. Her and Isiah were on good terms— shit, her and Isiah.

She began remembering the somewhat angry love confession they had given each other. And Maeve felt like she should've felt guilty for Jonathon but she didn't even feel guilty in the slightest.

She loved Isiah and Isiah loved her. There was nothing anybody could do to change that.

She cringed and bit her lip. "Oh my god," she sighed, closing her eyes. By the look of the sun outside it was early afternoon.

Eventually, Maeve made the decision to get up and ready for the day. Despite the absolute chaos that was going on in her head, you'd never be able to tell by looking at her. She still wore expensive pearls with matching earrings and her hair was presentable.

"Nice sleep?" Tommy tormented. Maeve laughed sarcastically and sighed. "It was amazing until I woke up." She told him. "Where are the kids?"

"They're out with the horses." He said. "I'll be going down to Small Heath within the next hour with your father. Will you be joining us?"

Maeve would have usually said no but instead she replied with a simple nod, trying not to seem overly happy about the invite.

"Finn doesn't seem to be answering the phone and Polly says it's him who's supposed to be at the den." Tommy sighed, taking out a cigarette to light it. "Maeve." He began.

She slowly raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Tommy." Maeve retorted.

"What happened with Isiah?" Tommy questioned. Maeve's heart sank. "Please elaborate, uncle Tommy." She instructed, shifting her weight from one foot to another.

He looked at her and rolled his eyes. "Why is it that Isiah Jesus— your ex boyfriend of god knows how many years, was the one who retrieved your father when you were upset, eh?"

Maeve clicked her tongue onto the roof of her mouth. "Yeah about that," she pointed a finger at him, letting out an awkward laugh.

"Maeve." Thomas warned.

She let out a breath and dropped her arms to her sides. "Alright fine!" Maeve huffed, avoiding his eyes. "I may or may not have confessed my undying love for him." She mumbled, trying not to burst out laughing at the term she used.

Tommy tilted his head to the side. "Speak up."

"I may or may not have confessed my undying love for him." Maeve repeated, wincing when she watched his expression drop.

"Maeve you're engaged." Tommy said in disbelief. He couldn't even remove his cigarette from between his lips because of the shock she'd brought him. Maeve groaned. "I know!" She exclaimed. "And i might have told Isiah that I don't love Jonathan." She prepared herself for the scolding coming her way.

"Are you thick in the head?" Tommy asked. "And if Jonathan finds out about this?"

"He won't find out." Maeve said calmly. Tommy scoffed. "And what did your father say about all of this then, eh?" Tommy questioned.