𝟑𝟑

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

Maeve leaned over the front of the seats and looked at John who cradled a crying baby. Finn soon followed her gaze and let out a breath.

"Does that baby ever shut up?" He asked, crossing his arms and leaning back. Maeve shook her head and looked away. She looked over her shoulder at Isiah who was chatting to Micheal, looking at her without breaking conversation and giving her a smile.

The choir boys began singing and Maeve had to bite back her laugh, watching Isiah's dad walk up the isle, the cavalry men opposite them scowling at the sight.

"Here come the fucking cavalry, late as usual." Maeve muttered, looking down at the floor as Grace entered. "She looks pathetic- purple dress? Not very traditional is it?" She scoffed.

Tommy hesitated before lifting the veil from Grace's face. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join together in holy matrimony: Thomas Micheal Shelby and Grace Helen Burgess." Jeremiah spoke.

"Do you, Thomas Micheal Shelby, to take Grace Helen Burgess to be your lawful wedded wife?" Tommy nodded, "i do."

"Do you Grace Helen Burgess solemnly swear to love, honour and obey till death do you apart?" He asked. Grace smiled, "i do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." Cheers automatically erupted from the Shelby side of the hall, John shouting multiple things as Grace and Tommy shared a kiss.

"Slag," Maeve huffed, standing with the rest of the family once Grace and Tommy left the hall. "As if she's been welcomed back- Tommys gone mad i'm telling you." Maeve whispered to Finn as they walked side by side.

"If that was one of us who did what she did, we'd be sent to live in exile!" He agreed.

-

Maeve stood in a small crowd, talking to boys around her age and looking at Isiah every now and again. Shivers climbed up her spine as he kept his eyes glued on her whilst he sipped from his whiskey glass.

Arthur began rounding the family up and Maeve bit her tongue at the sight of Isiah speaking to another girl.

"I was told to ask someone young- will there be cocaine?" The girl asked in a flirtatious way, practically fucking him with her eyes. Isiah didn't look back at Maeve before replying. "Sweetheart, I am young, informed and very well equipped. You chose your man wisely," he said, going to turn away only to be grabbed by Arthur.

"Come on, kitchen- now. And you," Arthur pointed to Maeve.

"Arthur this lady wants to play in the snow," Isiah argued as Arthur held his shoulder. "Nah, no snow today." He said to the pair.

Maeve stood with her arms crossed and followed Arthur and Isiah to the kitchen, sending her foot into the back of Isiah's knee and smirking when his leg gave out, almost sending him onto the floor.

"What ya doing that for?" He hissed. Maeve barged past him and entered the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of champagne from a passing maid and opening it.

"I am telling you now we got lost-" Arthur said, finally joining them. "You really need to do a map Tommy!" Maeve rolled her eyes and leaned against a table.