𝟓𝟑

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑

Maeve groaned loudly when there was a knock on the door, interrupting her and Isiah's..situation. "For fucks sake what do you want?" She shouted so loud that there was a possibility she'd woken the dead.

John cleared his throat. "We need Isiah so if youse are er— if youse are shagging in there i'd suggest hurrying it up. We don't have time to wait." He said awkwardly from behind the door.

Maeve closed her eyes in frustration. "For your information, John, we aren't shagging. But i am indeed spending time with my boyfriend!" She shouted angrily.

Isiah covered his mouth to silence his laughs.

John sniffed. "Yeah well i'm sorry Maeve but he's got something to do. Time doesn't wait for us. So come on, get a move on." He knocked the door with his knuckles before leaving them be.

"I swear to god—" Maeve began, moving from her position on his lap and running her hands over her face.

"Didn't think you believed in god." Isiah teased, pulling his shirt over his head. Maeve glared at him and he raised his hands in defence. "Sorry."

"Yeah fuck off. Go and do Peaky Blinder shit— leave me here." Maeve said in a fed up tone. Isiah tilted his head at her and sighed. "Why don't you go to church with Linda?" He suggested.

"What, and be arrested for killing her in a religious place? No thanks." She scoffed.

Isiah shook his head laughing and kissed her for a moment. "I apologise for leaving ya but if John says i have to go, i have to go."

Maeve hummed spitefully and followed him down the stairs after fixing her hair.

"Alright, trouble?" Arthur asked, pushing himself off the wall. Maeve raised an eyebrow at him and placed her hands on her hips.

"And where exactly are you taking my boyfriend?" Maeve asked.

Arthur looked at Isiah strangely whilst he stood with the group. "Artillery Square, Tommy has a plan." He said. She tilted her head forward. "And why am i not apart of this plan? I thought that my role in Shelby Company was—"

"What role?" He laughed. Maeve trailed off quickly and shook her head. "Never mind. Have fun, don't die." She smiled. Arthur gave her a quick hug and walked to the van.

Before he left, he turned and walked backward so he was facing her. "Although I do think Tommy wants to talk to you!" He called out.

"Great." She sighed.

-

Maeve stood at the desk in Tommy's old office, running her fingers along the wood. The door opened and he lingered there for a moment.

"This has to stop happening, Uncle Tom." She sighed, walking round and sitting in the chair. He frowned in confusion. "If you have a job for me to do, you let me know before hand. Not the day of. Unless it was last minute." She pointed a finger at him. "Why does it always seem that during a situation like this, my job is never addressed in front of the family."

Tommy rolled his eyes. "Whoever the fuck you are, please bring my niece back."

"Funny," she smiled, "John said the same thing. Anyway— dad said you wanted me to do something. What is it?"