𝟓𝟕

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕

"You're telling me that your Tommy is running to be a leader of a political party?" Isiah asked as he followed Maeve around the house.

She stopped abruptly and turned around, causing him to almost walk into her. "Can you shut up and keep carrying that box? You'll bloody drop it." She scolded.

Isiah rolled his eyes but kept a tight hold of the box that held all of Finn's things. "So he's moving in for real— your dad said yeah?"

"After a lot of arguing with Linda, yep. He somehow convinced her. We managed to clean out the spare room for him. Hopefully he'll feel more at home." Maeve suggested.

Isiah nodded in agreement and quickly put the box on the floor, breathing heavily.

"Seriously? I thought you went to the gym."

"Yeah, fighting. Before all of this madness happened at Christmas and stuff." Isiah panted with his hands on his hips. Maeve shook her head and sighed. "Not good enough," she teased.

Isiah raised his eyebrows and his mouth parted. "Excuse me? What are you trying to say?!"

Maeve smirked. "Nothing— nothing at all." She shrugged. He stood with an open mouth and pointed a finger at her. Except no words came out, he just stood there, causing her to burst into laughter.

"You look like a fool." She said whilst mocking his stance.

Isiah pursed his lips into a line before lifting the girl from the floor and spinning her quickly. "Isiah!" She warned.

He carried her through the hall and into her own bedroom before throwing her onto the mattress. "Don't be shouting at me like that," he laughed, hovering over her.

Maeve placed her hands on his chest and laughed. "Stop it, Finn will be here soon. I told him i'd help him set up the room."

Isiah rolled his eyes and lay beside her.

They looked at each other for a few moments and Isiah grinned, placing his hand on her waist. "I love ya, y'know." He said, his accent coming through thick.

She raised her eyebrows. "What have you done?" She joked.

His mouth fell open and he scoffed. "What d'ya mean!? Am i not allowed to tell my girlfriend that i love her?" His voice was high pitched. Maeve laughed and rolled onto her stomach, her hands supporting her chin.

Isiah gently lifted her face with his thumbs and just looked at her.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" Maeve grew flustered. He hummed and leaned down, close to her face. Her heart pounded like the first time it had happened between the two.

"Tell me you love me," he grinned widely. She shook her head. Isiah laughed slightly, "tell me you love me." He repeated, poking her sides. Maeve shook her head with a wide smile.

Maeve turned onto her back and Isiah leaned over her. "Say it, say you love me."

Maeve purposefully avoided his face in a tormenting way and laughed loudly. Isiah continued and the room was full of their laughter.