𝟐𝟐

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

"Call yourself a Shelby? Fucking hit him Finn," Marsden scoffed, "hit him." He added. Maeve leaned over the side of the ring and clapped her hands together, "go on, Siah!" She said, watching as he threw another punch into Finn's stomach.

"That's right- alright Isiah you're turn. Finn, call yourself a Shelby? Fucking hit him for fucks sake. Bloody Maeve could do better than you!"

"Yeah fucking come on Finn, you can do better than that you wimp!" Maeve teased, hitting her fists on the wood.

Suddenly the shouts of Arthur rang out and everyone turned, watching as he threw his fist into a already unconscious young boys face. "Get him out of there!"

"Fucking hell- Dad!" Maeve rushed inside, shoving past people and trying her best to pull him back by his shoulders.

"For fucks sake get him out of there!"

Maeve pulled him back, finally moving him with the help of two other lads. Finn joined them and stared down at the boys bloody face. Maeve felt sick, her face pale, "what've you done?"

Isiah pulled Maeve back by her arm when he realised she was completely frozen, focused on the boy who was definitely dead. "Maeve come on," he said, ensuring he was gentle as he pulled her away.

"He's killed him..he's fucking killed him.."

-

"Tommys not gonna be happy," Finn muttered as the three of them sat in Tommy's office. "Finn, shut up!" Maeve snapped, automatically looking at the floor when the door opened.

"Right what happened?" Tommy asked after staring at them for a few moments.

Isiah and Maeve shared a glance, her leg bouncing up and down, her fingers tapping on the chair. "It was a fair fight.." Finn spoke up.

"Yeah..Arthur just hit him with a gooden." Isiah agreed, finally looking at Tommy. Maeve kept her eyes on the floor as Tommy pushed himself off the wall. "I saw the body, don't fucking lie to me, I saw the body. What fucking happened?"

"I'm not family, i'm saying nothing." Isiah said, causing Maeve to punch him in the leg.

"Arthur, he's blowing a few times lately- six..seven. It's like he's not there in the head. He can't even hear-" Finn started. "Finn shut up," Maeve cut him off harshly.

Tommy raised his eyebrows at the girl and nodded at Finn to carry on. "He can't even hear stop, or his own name. And then he cries.." Finn continued.

Maeve threw her head back in annoyance. "Right listen to me, that was two fucking stories. Your brother, your dad," he pointed at Maeve, "killed a boy. There were witnesses, there will be questions. Get your stories straight, it was an accident. Fuck off."

The three stood and Finn was the first to leave, Isiah waiting at the side of the door to let Maeve out first. "Thanks," she huffed, kicking Finn in the back of the knee as she past, not waiting to watch him fall on the floor.

But she knew he did because she heard the loud thud as she did so and the sniggers of Isiah.

She quickly made her way over to Arthur's house, her hands shoved into her pockets despite the scolding she'd given her uncle earlier that day for walking the same way. "Dad, you here?" Maeve questioned as she closed the door behind her.