𝟓𝟐

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐

"Right what d'ya mean he's missing?" Maeve asked, straddling Isiah's lap whilst she held the telephone. His hand rested at her sides, one arm behind his head.

Maeve took a drag of her cigarette before placing it between his lips. "And what exactly do you want me to do about it — you want me to find him? Tommy, i'm not being funny but i've only just gotten out of hospital!" She said in a high pitched voice. "So what if it was three days ago?"

Isiah grinned and slid his fingers underneath her shirt, keeping them at her waist. He drew circles with his fingers and she shot him a look of warning.

"Tommy can't you send someone else over? I'm awfully busy at the moment— it's none of your fucking business what i'm busy with Thomas! It's the fact that i'm busy." Maeve raised her voice. She closed her eyes and took a breath before slamming the phone down.

"And what was that about?" Isiah asked, handing her cigarette back to her. Maeve rolled her eyes and swung her leg over the bed to grab her shoes.

"Dad's gone missing, Tommy wants me to look for him. Apparently he didn't turn up to some meeting they had arranged with Micheal and all them." Maeve shrugged.

Isiah sat up and faced her, pulling her close whilst she was stood. Maeve placed her hands on his shoulders, standing between his legs. "Before you begin telling me how I promised to spend today with you, i can't help it. Tommy is being Tommy and if i don't go and find my dad— god knows what he'll do."

Isiah groaned and threw his head back. She stifled a laugh and leaned down, her hands draped around the back of his neck whilst she kissed him lightly.

"I have to go." She said seriously.

"You'll come back?" Isiah suggested with a grin on his face. Maeve scoffed. "Who d'ya think I am — a whore from the brothel? Of course i'll bloody come back." She said, pushing away from him jokingly to take her coat.

Isiah followed her down the stairs and made sure she was safely outside before going back to his bedroom.

Maeve's heels clacked along the cobble as she ran fingers through her hair. She knew where he'd be. Him and Tommy had recently recruited new men to work in the factories. That's where he'd be.

Either beating the shit out of someone or passed out in a pile of coal.

It didn't take long for her to get to the factory. Eyes turned to her when the sound of her heels echoed. "Keep working, gentlemen." She sighed, keeping her head forward. "Don't let me distract you."

"You can't be in 'ere." One said, putting his shovel down.

"I think you'll find i can be in here. Pick ya shovel back up." Maeve corrected him. She heard his angry mutters and stopped, turning around and walking back toward him. "I also think you'll find that my name is Shelby."

His face dropped and he turned away to get his shovel.

"Thanks for your service," she retorted, continuing on her way to the downstairs.

Maeve came to an abrupt stop at the sound of metal hitting the floor. "What's this, a party?" She heard Arthur shout. "Eh, fuck off out of it!" He demanded.