𝟓𝟓

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓

Maeve walked into the large theatre-like building that had a boxing ring sat in the centre. Her and Finn walked in together, her hand around his arm.

"Mr Shelby," someone nodded to Finn.

"Arthur says to meet them through the back," Finn said, leading Maeve down the hall and into one of the locker rooms. Arthur turned and smiled at the pair. "About bloody time," he joked.

"Bonnie, you've met Finn but this is Maeve." Tommy introduced them. Maeve gave the dark haired boy a once over and gave him half a smile. "Nice to meet you."

Bonnie grinned. "Yeah, nice to meet you too." He agreed.

"Bonnie, Mr Shelby will give you a twenty percent cut if you put Goliath down in the fourth round." Aberama told his son.

Maeve stood with her arms crossed. Arthur ushered her out to where their seats where, Lizzie and Polly already sat with Linda beside the ring.

"I ain't sitting with them," Maeve quickly refused. Before Arthur could argue, Maeve pointed, "look, here's a spare seat next to you and Uncle Tom. Come on Finn, let's sit down." She grabbed the boys arm and took him to their seats.

"Excuse me— they're my seats." A man told her. She looked at him completely un-phased. "Okay? Find new ones." She let out a pathetic laugh.

The man was getting ready to argue with her but Tommy sat on the other side of Arthur. "Hello, uncle Tommy." She grinned, watching the man's face drop instantly.

"Sorry, Miss Shelby— i've been mistaken." He scurried off to find new seats.

"Works every time." She nudged Finn. He laughed at her and crossed his arms.

The fight slowly kicked off and it was
going well. The crowd was cheering loudly and Arthur was already sipping from a flask.

"Where's Solomons?" Arthur shouted over the noise. "Apparently he doesn't watch," Tommy told him. Arthur hummed and pointed over to Bonnie's corner, "Look at that corner. The men there, they don't know fighting. No i don't like it. You feel it though Tom don't you?"

"We're alright. We are surrounded by soldiers, Arthur. Alfie's men were strip searched. We're alright."

The next round began.

"Come on, Bonnie!" Maeve cheered. "Fucking hit him Bonnie!" Finn joined in. Maeve clapped loudly, actually enjoying the show. She leaned forward in her seat to watch carefully.

Her eyes diverted to the men Arthur had been talking about and she automatically noticed their strange stance. The way they were reading the room.

"No look at them, they don't stand right, they don't move right. They don't even care if he fucking wins." Arthur continued.

"It's the fucking pills, brother." Tommy assured him.

Maeve rolled her eyes at the mention of pills that Arthur had taken.

"The fuck are they laughing at?" Tommy pointed to Lizzie, Polly and Linda who had returned from the lavatory extremely excited.