𝟑𝟒

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

Maeve opened her eyes, automatically covering them with her hands when the sun shined brightly through the gap in the curtains. She could feel
a heavy weight on her and she squinted, scoffing at the sight of a shirtless Isiah sprawled across her.

"Get off me you heffalump!" She groaned, trying her best to shove him away. Isiah didn't move, didn't even stir slightly. "Isiah Jesus get off me right now!"

Isiah mumbled a few things that were completely inaudible and she threw her head back in frustration. "Isiah i'm not joking- move yourself." She said sternly, growing slightly claustrophobic underneath him.

Isiah finally rolled onto his back and hissed at the brightness in the room. "What time is it?" He croaked, leaning up on his elbows and looking around, "and where the fuck are we?"

"Tommys house you idiot." Maeve said, climbing over him and getting off the bed, the only thing that covered her lower half was Isiah's dress shirt that was ridiculously long on her.

Isiah leaned on his side and watched her from behind as she walked. Maeve could sense his gaze and bit back her smile, "stop staring, Siah." Maeve taunted, looking in the large mirror and running a hand through her hair.

Isiah gave her a large grin and shook his head.

"You make me sick," she shook her head, taking out a cigarette from her pack and placing it between her lips but not lighting it.

Her eyes landed on the light red and purple marks scattered across her chest and necks she he gasped. "What've you done to me!" She practically squealed, inspecting the bruise like marks.

Isiah let out a breathy laugh and dragged a hand across his face. "Your fault for letting me stay in the same room as ya." He tormented. Maeve rolled her eyes.

He sat up straight against the headboard, the thin white sheet draped over his lower half. Maeve walked back  to him, climbing back over him to grab the lighter from the drawers before swinging her leg over where it had been previously and sitting in his lap.

Isiah's hands hovered on her sides as he watched her light the cigarette, taking a puff before she took it from her mouth and placed it in his.

"Shouldn't we go downstairs? Wouldn't want anybody thinking the wrong thing- y'know cause we aren't together."

She clicked her tongue and snatched the cigarette from him. "It's not like we're doing anything," she shrugged. A laugh fell from his lips, "Maeve, i did you last night." His accent was thick and he watched her mouth fall open.

"You're disgusting, completely disgusting," she attempted to move from her position, only to be held in place by him. "Isiah in all seriousness, i need to go make sure my dad is alive. Please let me get up."

"It's fine, Linda will look after him."

Maeve gagged and dragged her hands across her face the same way he had done just moments before, "fucking hate that woman. Honestly, what's her deal with forcing religion on my dad, he gave up that shit when he was twelve!"

Isiah snaked his arms under hers and lifted her slightly so he could sit upright. "Don't think i've ever heard you say something nice about that woman." He said, pushing her hair over her shoulders and inspecting what he'd done to her skin.