Chapter 1

24 years old Nam Hayoon was tied to a chair. Her hair was messy and her eyes were swollen. Her voice became hoarse after screaming for a few hours.

"Please, let me out from here." She cried even though she knew the result. No one's going to hear here. She lost track of time but she knew she'd been in that dark, damp and dirty room for a few days. The only thing there was the dim light on top of her head.

She didn't remember much. The last thing she remembered was that she went to the convenience store to get some late night snack.

After that short meal time, she went back home. But as she almost reached her rented house unit, someone covered her mouth and started to pull her into a van but she managed to nudge hardly on that someone's stomach. She managed to run away but she didn't realise that the person was not working alone.

Another guy appeared with a handkerchief and quickly covered her mouth. She soon passed out and that's how she was brought into that unknown place.

Going back to her current situation, she still has no idea why she got kidnapped. She was not from a rich family. Her parents were far from her. She just had her graduation ceremony last month. Even so she's already working as a part timer at a luxurious boutique.

Though people might think her job pays well, it's actually not. She's left with just a little of many since most of her salary goes to the rent.

The price for a micro house unit in the middle of a fast, growing city costs that much. To help her to stay alive, she needs to spend well on other things.

She cried again, "Pl-Pplease....s-someone.."

Just then she heard the sound of keys juggling.

Her blood ran dry. She wants someone to come in and tell her something about the kidnapping but at the same time, she was scared. She didn't know anything about the kidnapper.

From a corner of the room, a door opened, letting out an annoying creaking sound.

She looked up, "Wh-Who's there?"

"Still can talk?" the raspy voice asked. It was not too deep but it still brings chills to Hayoon's spine. "Guess we should just let you starve for a few more days huh?" the person asked but she still could see his face in that big room where most of the areas were still in the dark.

A loud sound of an object being dragged across the room was heard. She wanted to cover her ears but she couldn't as her hands were tied behind her.

A chair started to appear and soon a man sat on the chair.

Hayoon's eyes widened in surprise. Her eyes didn't leave the man's face. He's so good looking that it's hard to believe that he's behind the kidnapping. His cute nose, his plump lips and his pretty eyes. But there's something behind those pretty eyes. His eyes seem... so cold and full of hatred.

"Stop staring." He said in his deep, cold voice.

Hayoon stopped daydreaming, "Wh-why am I he-here?"

The guy leaned against the chair, with his leg crossed. He looked at her as he slightly raised his chin, making him look like an arrogant guy. "You're here as a pawn."

Hayoon was surprised. "P-Pawn? For wh-who?"

"Your best friend."

"My best fr-friend?"

"Shin Dongjun."

At the mention of the other's name, Hayoon's face dropped. All the scenes of him came roaming around her head once again. Right when she was trying to forget everything, the scenes started to repeat like a complete movie. But for her it's the worst heartbreak movie.

"Lo-look, I have no-nothing to do with him. Ju-just let me go okay?" Hayoon pleaded.

The man scoffed, "Nothing to do with him? You were literally with him 24/7. And don't lie! We've been keeping an eye on you for weeks!"

"Then you must know I avoided him for weeks now." Hayoon answered him back.

"Why? Because you know we'll find you if we don't get him?"

Hayoon groaned. "I told you I had nothing to do with him!" now anger just raised inside her. "I don't want to have anything to do with him anymore! Now just let me go!" she screamed.

The guy was surprised at her sudden change of attitude. Just a moment ago, she looked scared and fragile. Now she was looking like a lioness and she was so mad.

Just then the door flew open and they both turned towards the door but before any of them could recognise the other figure, the door flew close again.

Footsteps were heard towards them. "What did you do to her? Why is she screaming like that? You know we need her to get him."

"I didn't do anything!" the guy in front of Hayoon roared.

"Don't raise your voice like that to me, Park Jimin." another guy appeared next to the guy who's sitting on the chair.

"What are you doing here, Yoongi hyung?"

The other male pushed a metal tray to Jimin, "It's time for her injection."

"Wh-What? What injection?" Hayoon was now shaking in fear.

"It's nutrient... to keep you alive until we get him." Jimin took the syringe from the tray and got up, moving towards Hayoon.

Hayoon moved around, "Stop! Don't come any closer! Please no! You can't inject me with anything! Please!"

"Yoongi hyung, help me out for a while." Jimin said as he went behind her. Yoongi went closer to her and held her still. Jimin tightly held her wrist, finding the right channel before he stabbed the syringe into her skin, injecting the content into her vessel.

"Now the other one." Yoongi said.

"Wh-what??"

"You need to sleep for now, baby." Jimin took another syringe and injected the anesthetic into her vessel and within a few seconds, she lost consciousness.