Chapter 24

Taehyung ruffled his hair. "Why can't we get the CCTV footage?? We could catch those freaks if we had it with us now."

"We're the bad guys, Taehyung. Remember that. They will only give the footage to the police before anyone else can have it." Namjoon reminded Taehyung how things work for certain things. "We couldn't get our hands on that footage so easily."

"But so far, we're good right?" Jungkook asked. "I mean, no one else followed her right?"

Yoongi shook his head, "Jimin didn't say anything about that when he stayed at the hospital with her. Probably they knew Jimin's there with her."

Taehyung ruffled his hair again, "We need some hint."

"Some hint to what?"

Heads turned to the direction of the voice. "Nuna!" Jungkook got up from his seat. "Have a seat, nuna."

"No, it's okay."

"Please, I insist." Jungkook pulled the chair.

"Thank you, Jungkook." Hayoon thanked him before she took the seat. "So what are you talking about?"

They looked at each other. "Are you ready for this, nuna?" Jungkook asked.

Hayoon scoffed, "I got used, lost my virginity, got pregnant, lost my baby, suicide attempt...anything worse than that?"

Taehyung cleared his throat, "Nothing near that..." "Okay. Just tell me then." Hayoon gave them a faint smile.

Yoongi sighed, "Remember what happened at the mall last time?"

Hayoon nodded as she hummed.

"Well, we couldn't find the person behind it. We couldn't get the CCTV footage from the mall. You know, we're the bad guys here. So it's hard for us to obtain the footage." Namjoon told her.

"They're chasing after you guys or me?" She asked.

"I would say... you are their target. No one's stupid enough to chase after us." Yoongi added casually.

Hayoon frowned, "But why? I did nothing wrong. Is it because of Dongjun?"

Taehyung sighed, "We don't know about that yet. It could be. But we think... it might have something to do with the homicide case?"

Hayoon blinked in puzzle, "My uncle's homicide? That homicide?"

They nodded. "I heard you're the only eye witness." Jungkook said and she nodded, "Yes but I already gave my statement to the police. It's been...4 years and the police didn't even call me about the investigation. It was classified as accidental death."

"There's no such thing as accidental death when it involves a bullet, nuna. Plus there's not a single suspect. From what we find, the area where your uncle lives is not even close to a hunting area. There's no possibility of misfire or anything like that." Jungkook explained to her.

Yoongi looked at Hayoon, "Do you know what your uncle did for his living?"

"Hmm, all I know is that he owned a business."

"Business huh..." Namjoon frowned. "A huge reason people would want to kill him." Namjoon looked at Hayoon, "No details about the business?" asked Namjoon and she shook her head, "No. I have no idea. We're close but I never ask such a personal question to him."

"Understood." Namjoon nodded.

"Any family member?" Taehyung asked.

"Hmmm..." Hayoon thinks for a while. "His wife died a few years ago...and his only son moved to the US after the shooting. So no one left."

Yoongi nodded. "Okay. Maybe it's-"

"We're home."

Heads turned towards the entrance, waiting for figures to appear.

"Hi!" Hoseok greeted them with a flushed face. His hand slung over Jimin's shoulder, dragging him along with him.

Namjoon frowned, "Are you drunk Hoseok?" Asked him to his friend. "No~" Hoseok smiled. "You are." Yoongi sighed.

"Do you want me to make some hangover soup?" Hayoon offered.

Jimin stared at her as he just realised she was there in the room with the others.

"Jimin?" Hayoon called him. "Are you okay?"

"Mind your own business, woman." And with that Jimin hurriedly aided Hoseok to their shared room.

"What the hell??" Taehyung got up and stood by the kitchen entrance. "Yah! Park Jimin! What's wrong with you?! Watch your words with her! Park Jimin!" Taehyung's loud voice boosted around the house.

"Yah-"

"Tae, it's okay." Hayoon called him. Taehyung frowned, "But he just-" "Really, it's okay." Hayoon gave him a soft smile. "I've caused a lot of trouble. I truly understand if he started to act that way." She added.

"I guess I have to work hard to make sure he accepts me."