Chapter 26

Hayoon smiled widely, "What? Seokjin oppa is coming over?" "You're happy?" Namjoon asked her.

She nodded eagerly. "Very! It's been a week. I miss him. We need to have a feast tonight."

"But we have a tiny problem. We're out of groceries." Hoseok butt in. "We need to go out to buy some." "I'll go." Hayoon offered. "I'll come with you-" Jungkook's voice stopped when someone nudged him.

Jungkook looked up at Namjoon, "Hyung?"

Namjoon turned to Jimin, "Jimin, you go with Hayoon. The rest can prepare whatever we can."

Hayoon shook her head. "N-No, it's okay. I can-"

"Let's go." Jimin got up from the couch and took the car keys. He went outside.

Hayoon looks confused. "Uhm...is this okay?" Yoongi fished out some cash. "Go with him. Try to talk with him okay?"

"You know?"

Yoongi scoffed, "Please, we all know. He can be a dumbass but he's not that heartless."

"True. Talk to him." Taehyung added.

"Thank you guys." Hayoon hugged Yoongi. He patted her back, "Now go."

"Will Seokjin oppa like this?" Hayoon took something and showed it to Jimin. But he didn't react. Hayoon smiled sadly, "He probably doesn't like this right?" She put it back. She went to pick up garlic.

"Seokjin hyung is allergic to garlic." Jimin said.

She was taken aback that he finally talked to her.

"Oh sorry. I didn't know." she put the garlic back in its place. "Uhm, thanks."

Jimin scoffed, "For what? I do that for Jin hyung."

Hayoon shook her head, "That. And for talking to me." "Huh?" Jimin kept pushing the cart. "Thank you for talking to me." She repeated her words.

Jimin didn't say anything. Getting used to it, Hayoon kept getting the groceries into the shopping cart.

One time, Jimin had to stay at a different alley from the one Hayoon went to. The other alley was too crowded. So he left the cart there and went to the alley Hayoon went to, searching for her.

She was there, comparing between two brands of sugar. He was watching her figure, her lips which turned into a tiny pout, her pretty eyes switching between two packs of sugar.

*How I wish I'm brave enough to confess to you, Hayoon.* He thought as he continued to watch her. Just then he noticed two guys near her were looking suspicious.

One of them was looking at her from top to bottom before he licked his bottom lips.

That's it!

Jimin rushed towards her and grabbed her wrist.

"Ji-Jimin ssi?" She was surprised when he took her hand by force. He tugged her sleeve, revealing the bracelet he gave her. He gave the stranger a killing look. If a look could kill, that particular stranger would be dead by then.

The stranger was obviously shocked to see the bracelet on her wrist.

"Hurry up." he said coldly. "Uhm okay." Hayoon decided to take just any sugar. While they walked away, Jimin turned back to look at the two strangers.

The men quickly scurried away, knowing that they're dealing with one of the gang members.

After putting the sugar into the cart, she turned to him. "I'm getting coffee. You stay here okay?" Hayoon was about to walk away but Jimin quickly grabbed her hand again. "I'll come with you." Jimin said with a serious face.

"E-Em ok-okay." Hayoon was about to pull her hand away but Jimin quickly laced his fingers with hers. "I told you I'm coming with you." Jimin looked at her coldly.

Blush creeped on her face. It's been awhile since Jimin has been close to her like that. "Let's go." with her hand still in his, he pushed the shopping cart.

"Thank you for accompanying me for grocery shopping, Jimin ssi." Hayoon smiled. Jimin just kept quiet, and kept pushing the cart towards their car. Just then someone bump on Hayoon's shoulder hardly.

"Ah!" She winched due to the impact. She turned and came to face a man. "Sorry." She apologized.

"Watch where you are going, woman! You should just stay at home and become a breeding machine! Such a nuisance!" and with that, the man walked away without apologizing to her.

She rubbed her shoulder. "Br-breeding mac-machine?"

"Let's go." Jimin kept pushing the cart until they reached the car. "Help me load these into the trunk." Jimin added. "Ok-okay." Hayoon helped him load the stuff into the trunk.

While at that, Jimin started the engine. "You stay inside. Lock the door. I'm returning the cart. Wait inside." Without listening to her reply, Jimin walked away with the cart.

Hayoon sat in the passenger seat. The man's words kept circling in her head. "Am I a breeding machine? Is that how people view me as a woman?" she talked to herself.

She hugged herself. "I....I don't like this...." Tears already blurred her sight. "I hate myself." she let her sob out, crying alone.

After 10 minutes crying alone, she finally calmed down. Then she realised that Jimin hasn't returned yet. "Whe-where is he?" She sobbed.

The door suddenly flew open, "Hey." Jimin got into the car. "Sorry I was- Why are you crying??? What happened??"

She shook her head. "No-thing."

"Hmmm..." Jimin looked at her suspiciously. "Let's go home."

Hayoon nodded.

Her eyes then landed on Jimin's knuckles as he grabbed the steering wheel. She noticed some scratches, bruises and even some red spots on them. It looks more like a blood stain. Hayoon carefully looked at his face. There's a dried blood spot near the corner of his lips.

*Did he-*

"Stop staring." Jimin coldly said. "Uhm, sorry sorry." She apologized.

She smiled, "By the way, thanks." "I do this because Namjoon hyung asked me to." he answered. "No, I didn't mean that. Thanks for taking care of that guy on my behalf." her gaze landed on his bruised knuckles again. He tightened his grip around the steering wheel but didn't say anything else.

The drive back home was silence, a comforting silence.