Chapter 40 [Final]

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm golden glow over the bustling city. In the heart of the neighborhood, Jimin's cafe was alive with the hum of conversation and the rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee. The familiar faces of Jimin's old gang adorned the place, each of them now transformed into responsible individuals.

Jimin, dressed in a crisp white apron, expertly prepared a cappuccino behind the counter. Beside him, his friend Jungkook, the cafe owner, wiped down the tables and exchanged laughs with customers. Namjoon, once a formidable figure in the gang, now skillfully manned the espresso machine and cash register. Hoseok, who used to be an accurate shooter, was busy arranging pastries in the display case.

In the quaint flower shop just across the street, Hayoon delicately arranged a bouquet of vibrant flowers. Beside her, two other familiar faces, Yoongi and Taehyung, Jimin's former comrades, were helping customers choose the perfect blooms. The trio had found a new purpose in the art of floral arrangement.

As the day wound down, Jimin's eyes met Hayoon's across the bustling street. Their connection was as strong as ever. Jimin smiled, setting down the steaming cup of cappuccino for a customer, and walked over to Hayoon's flower shop. The bell above the entrance tinkled softly as he entered.

Hayoon looked up from her work, a smile brightening her face. Their child, a lively toddler with chubby cheeks, played on the floor, surrounded by colorful petals. Jimin reached down, scooping up their little one into his arms.

"Hey, how was your day?" Jimin asked, pressing a gentle kiss on Hayoon's forehead.

Hayoon grinned. "Busy, but fulfilling. The flowers are doing well, and I love seeing people leaving with smiles on their faces."

Jimin nodded, their child giggling in his arms. "I'm proud of you, Hayoon. You've created something beautiful here."

Hayoon's gaze softened. "And you, Jimin oppa. Look at how far you've come. From the streets to this cafe, surrounded by friends who've become family." They shared a moment, reflecting on their journey from a life of chaos to one filled with love and purpose.

"You're about to close the shop?" Jimin asked and she nodded. "Just a little bit more." Hayoon answered.

"Yoongi hyung, can you help closing the shop? We'll meet back at the cafe. I'll serve your usual. And you too, Taehyung." Jimin looked at his two other friends.

They nodded, "Sure. You can leave first, Hayoon. We'll see you in a bit." Taehyung told her.

As the evening descended, the two strolled hand in hand towards Jimin's cafe, the aroma of coffee and the gentle hum of conversation welcoming them.

"Closed." the sign was put up at the entrance. But Hayoon can clearly see 4 figures in there.

Inside, the gang gathered, including Seokjin who just arrived from the hospital. They were soon joined by Taehyung and Yoongi after they were done closing the flower ship.

They were exchanging stories and laughter over dinner. The once intimidating group had transformed into a tight-knit family, bound not by crime but by friendship and loyalty. The warmth of the cafe enveloped them like a comforting embrace.

Jimin and Hayoon took a seat at a corner table, their child playing with a toy nearby. The gang members, now colleagues and friends, joined them, raising their glasses in a toast to the life they had built together. The cafe, once a place of refuge for Jimin, had become a sanctuary for all of them.

The night unfolded with shared memories, laughter, and the clinking of glasses. It was a celebration of redemption, of second chances, and the enduring power of love and friendship. As the last customer bid farewell, the gang-turned-family locked up the cafe and strolled back to their respective homes, grateful for the life they had created together.

Under the starlit sky, Jimin, Hayoon, and their child walked hand in hand, savoring the tranquility of the night. The city's heartbeat pulsed around them, echoing the rhythm of their contented hearts.

Author's note: After a long time working and updating on this book, it's finally completed. I don't know how many of you stay for this book but I want to say thank you so much. I will be taking a break and perhaps use this time to decide whether to continue writing a new story or not. Thank you so much for your support. 

See you when I see you.

Thank you,

foreverinfinite