Chapter 33

"So how are you now? Better?"

"Yes, Seokjin oppa. I'm feeling a lot better. They make sure I never feel alone." Hayoon answered as she cut the cucumber.

"Jimin?"

"Huh?"

"What about Jimin? Does he treat you well?" Seokjin asked as he mixed the meat with the sauce mixture.

Hayoon's face suddenly feels warm when she remembers the incident during breakfast. It was the first time he held her hand, on purpose, and not while he's angry.

So she told him about that.

Seokjin managed to give her a small smile. "Will you believe me if I tell you he actually likes you?"

Hayoon shook her head, "That's impossible. He's so cold towards me. It's like...he hates me." she slightly pouted. "He may be like that because...you know... his past or something. But Hayoon, do you like him too?" Seokjin asked her.

"I do like him. I like all of you. You are so kind to me."

"You know well I don't mean that 'like', princess."

Hayoon sighed, "Even if I do, what's the point? He will never return the feeling." "Have you two talked?" Seokjin asked before he went to wash his hand. "How can we talk when he's moody all the time? I want to talk to him like how I talk to the rest of you. But it's like... he's building a wall between both of us. It's obvious he doesn't like having me around." Hayoon was at the point of giving up on him. "And I was too scared to even speak to him."

"So do I wash these again?" she asked Seokjin as she showed him the cucumber. "Yes, please." He nodded. Hayoon pulled up her long sleeve so it wouldn't get wet.

Seokjin's eyes landed on the silver bracelet around her wrist. "Who gave you that?"

"Huh?"

"That bracelet?"

"Oh this? It's Jimin's."

Seokjin was surprised but then he smiled. "Now you have to believe me that he 100% doesn't hate you."

"Oppa, I thought we're done talking about this."

"We all have that bracelet, Hayoon. Even I have one. It's just that I can't wear it to work. The hospital would've suspected me. But trust me, we all have that. It's like a friendship bracelet for our gang. That bracelet means a lot. It identifies us as a member of the gang. For him to give it to you, means he wants you to be safe, even when he's not around." Seokjin explained to her.

Hayoon stared at the bracelet. "Do you think he means it?"

Seokjin nodded eagerly. "Of course. Trust me. Just let yourself loose and try to approach him. Have a small talk with him."

Hayoon pressed her lips into thin lines. "I'll try." "That's my princess." Seokjin smiled.

"The meat is done. We can grill them when the boys return home." Seokjin said and Hayoon nodded with a small smile.

Just then the sound of the front door unlocked was heard. But somehow it doesn't sound like the usual one. It was quite busy at the front door so Hayoon volunteered herself to check.

She let out a scream at what she saw. Yoongi had his hand around Jimin's waist, supporting him as the other boy leaned weakly against his hyung.

"OH MY GOD! JIMIN! SEOKJIN OPPA!" she cried for Seokjin.

Seokjin ran to the front and let out a loud gasp. "Jimin! Goodness, what happen?!" Hayoon went to help Jimin but he rudely slapped her hands away. "Don't touch me!" he snarled at her. She was taken aback but she knew he was like that was most probably because he's in pain.

So she tried again, "Please let me just help you-" "I SAID DO NOT TOUCH ME, LADY! GO TO YOUR ROOM!" This time, Jimin's voice was colder than before.

She was about to yell at him back but Taehyung quickly engulfed her in a hug as he urged Yoongi to bring Jimin back to his room so Seokjin could give him a quick treatment.

"Don't get mad at him, Hayoon. He didn't mean any of that." Taehyung was trying to comfort her. She was angry and sad, at the same time. "His emotion is unstable." He added.

"I'll check on him." Hoseok said. Hayoon looked up at him and she gasped. "Hoseok oppa..." her hands reached out to touch the still-bleeding-cut on Hoseok's cheek. "What happen?" Hayoon asked.

Hoseok smiled weakly, "Nothing, Hayoon." He casually wiped the blood. "I should let Seokjin hyung treat me too.

Her gaze followed his figure as he went into Jimin's room.

"Nuna..."

She turned around, "Jungkook?" "Come. Let's have a talk." Jungkook grabbed her hand and pulled her to his room.

"Jungkook, what happened? How did Jimin get those injuries? What happened to Hoseok oppa?"

"They knew."

Hayoon was still in puzzle. The short sentence from Jungkook didn't really help. "They? Who? Knew about what?"

"They, as in the gang your uncle had business with. They knew you were here with us." Jungkook answered.

Hayoon felt like her world crumbled. What will happen now? Will they move to another place again? If they do, will the gang members be able to locate them again?

Thousands of questions were running in her mind that even her hands started shaking.

"Hey, hey, calm down okay?" Namjoon quickly went to aid her. He gave a comforting squeeze on her shoulders. "Nothing's going to happen to us." Namjoon said to her.

She looked straight at him, "Do you believe your own words, Namjoon oppa?"

"Wh-What?"

Hayoon let out a sad chuckle. "I don't need comfort at the moment. I need to be alone for now." and with that she went to her room.

Yoongi sighed, "Will she be okay alone? Remember what happened last time?" "I don't think she will do the same thing again. At least not when Jimin is still injured." Taehyung answered.

"Yoongi hyung, I need to talk with you about something, though I know you will hate this." Namjoon looked at the older male.

"Then, there's nothing to talk about." Yoongi shrugged before he walked away.

Taehyung turned to look at the leader. "What is it?" "We probably will need 'their' help." Namjoon said.