Chapter 39

Hayoon let the shower drenched her. She didn't even bother to take off her clothes. Everything that the man told her earlier started running into her thoughts again.

"Well, it seems that your dearest cousin doesn't have any money. Why? Because his father already transferred all of them to you."

"Well yeah, apparently your cousin has the document. He will get the money if and only if you're dead. Which is why we are all here today. Once we kill you, the money will go to him. He will pay us the exact amount that we lost that day."

She sighed for the nth time but no words or thought came after that. Her mind was empty. It's been 30 minutes since she's been like that.

She finally closed the shower, put away her wet clothes and wrapped herself in a towel. She walked into the room, wore something and continued to stare into empty space.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Hayoon woke up from her daydream. "C-Come in."

"Hayoon?" Seokjin appeared at the door. "You're okay?"

She nodded hesitantly. "I guess so..."

"Jimin told me something about your cousin. Want to talk about it?" Seokjin asked. "Do I need to?" Hayoon asked him back.

"Well..." Seokjin took the towel from her hand and started to gently wipe her hair. "You don't have to tell us everything. But are you going to be okay? I know you, Hayoon. You won't be able to stop thinking about a certain thing unless you talk it out with us."

"I'm not forcing you, okay. You can tell us if you want. We are here for you now."

"Hmmm..." She answered him with a small nod. "Let's eat dinner hmm?" Seokjin patted her head. "Okay." she answered shortly.

"Is she okay?" Hoseok asked Seokjin as the elder one walked to the kitchen. "She looks okay but I know her mind is messy at the moment." Seokjin answered.

"Well, I hope the dinner could cheer her up." Hoseok smiled. Seokjin nodded. "Hyung! What's for dinner tonight?" Taehyung walked into the kitchen with Namjoon.

"Seafood pancake, chicken, tangsuyuk and bibimbap." Hoseok listed the menu for dinner.

"Wahh! Sounds good. Can't wait to eat."

They turned to the not-so-foreign voice.

"Hayoon!" Namjoon smiled. "You're good?" She nodded eagerly before she walked closer to the dining table. She took a sniff. "Hmmmm, it smells so good. Did you cook this, Seokjin oppa?"

He nodded, "Of course Hoseok did help me." She then looked around "Where's Jimin? Jungkook and Yoongi oppa?" she asked when she didn't see any of them.

"They went out to buy cider and ice-cream for dessert." Hoseok told her and she nodded.

Hayoon helped to set the table. She was silently doing her work while the boys looked at her.

"I just don't understand how a family can treat you like that." Hoseok whispered. They knew about her cousin. Jimin and Namjoon told them about it. But they want Hayoon to talk about it with them so she could get it off her chest. Guess she's not ready yet.

Seokjin sighed. "I work so hard in the hospital to save lives and here I heard about a family trying to kill another family member. All because of money."

"The kind of world we're living in." Namjoon added in disappointment.

"We're home." Jungkook's voice was heard. Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook walked to the kitchen.

"Nuna!" Jungkook threw the plastic bag full of ice-cream on the table before he hugged Hayoon. "Nuna, are you okay?"

"I'm okay but Kook, keep the ice-cream in the freezer first." Hayoon said.

Yoongi sighed, "You know he won't break the hug for a while right." He casually took the plastic bag, "I'm keeping them in the freezer."

Jimin looked at her. She gave a small smile, telling him she's okay.

Jungkook broke the hug, "Nuna! I bought some ice-cream for you. I don't know which one is your favourite so I get each of everything." "And Yoongi oppa pays for it?" She guessed. "Of course." He smiled widely.

"Jungkook, let Hayoon breathe. Come, help me with the rice." Seokjin said. "Ah! Okay." He followed Seokjin.

Jimin nestled Hayoon. "Hey." "Hi." She blushed. "Are you okay?" "Feeling better now." Hayoon answered him. He gently pulled her into a comforting hug. "You're the strongest person I've ever met, cupcake."

"I am strong because of you guys. I am still here today because of you." She pressed her face onto his chest.

"I hope you two get married asap." Hoseok giggled.

Hayoon's face blushed when she heard it