Chapter 34

WARNING: SOME 16+ SCENE AHEAD. PLEASE SKIP IF YOU'RE NOT COMFORTABLE. 

Everyone was not at home. After what happened, they decided to patrol outside the condominium area. They were scattered around the area. Only Jimin was left at home due to his injury. Seokjin already gave him a painkiller to make it less painful for him.

Hayoon sat on the bed, looking outside through the window. She's been doing that for hours. The dinner is long gone. Once in the while one of the boys will check on her. She would simply answer them with a short hum, without opening the door, just to let them know that she's fine and still alive.

She checked the time for the nth time. It's already 3 in the morning. She let out a heavy sigh, again.

"I have to do this. I can't burden them anymore." she finally went to her wardrobe to change into something comfortable. She changed into her pants and a shirt, she even stuffed some of her clothes into a backpack. While doing that, she noticed a pair of scissors in the wardrobe, the same scissors she used to stab herself before.

She let out a sigh. "It has to work this time. It has to." She put everything aside and grabbed the scissors.

Hayoon stood in front of her full length mirror and brought the scissors close to her. She let out another heavy sigh.

In split seconds, she grabbed her hair and cut it short with the scissors. She continued to cut the rest of her hair short. "This is the new you, Hayoon. No more weak Hayoon. You have to be on your own now. You need to stand on your own feet now." She let the hair fall on her feet.

After all that, she tip-toed and walked out of her room. She carefully took out her shoes. Instead of her normal pairs of sandals, she took out her pair of sneakers.

She took one last look at the unit. "I won't forget everything you did for me, all the sacrifices you made. I won't forget them. But I'm sorry, I had to do this." She sighed before she turned back to put on her sneakers.

Hayoon's tiny hand finally twisted the door knob and opened it slightly. A gasp left her lips when she saw a hand planting on the door beside her head, pushing against the door to keep it closed.

"Going somewhere?" The voice sounded husky like the person just got up from sleep.

Hayoon slightly turned sideways, "Ji-Jimin ssi?"

"I'm asking you a question, Hayoon." Even though he just got up from his sleep, he's not stupid to figure out what she's planning to do.

"I'm...Erm..." she gulped her saliva. "I'm going to get some fresh air."

"Hmm?"

"What?" Hayoon asked.

Jimin grabbed her and turned her to face him. "Look into my eyes, and tell me the truth."

"But I am telling you the truth!"

"Well I'm not convinced. With a backpack? And you even cut your hair." Jimin's fingers touched her short hair.

Hayoon slapped his hand away. "Why would you even care? You never were before! Now move along buddy." Hayoon turned back and opened the door.

"Tell them I'm going to miss them." Hayoon managed to say.

Jimin pulled her back and shut the door, again. "I'm not done with you! And I ain't telling them anything cause you're not leaving!"

"Why are you doing this?! Why do you want to keep leaving us?! Don't you care for us?" Jimin asked her in anger.

Hayoon pulled her hand back, "I do care! That's why I'm leaving! I can't watch any of you guys get hurt because of me!" she finally cried.

Jimin was taken aback. "Y-Yah-" "It hurts me whenever you guys come home with cuts. It's obvious I'm the reason. If I leave, then none of you guys have to suffer." Hayoon cried.