Chapter 18

The drive home was silent. None of them say anything, not even Jimin. Though he wanted so much to ask about her condition. It was a dead silence. Not even the radio let out any sound.

The car was parked on the lawn. Even after Jimin turned off the engine, they still didn't say anything. Jimin opened the door but came to a stop when he noticed Hayoon didn't move at all. "You're coming?" Asked him.

Hayoon kept staring into empty space.

"Yah!" Jimin called her slightly louder.

She turned to him in surprise, "H-Huh?" "Let's go inside." Jimin tilted his head, nodded at the house direction.

"Uh...right." Hayoon gathered her things and walked into the house with Jimin following her from behind.

"Nuna!" Jungkook excitedly greeted her. But after receiving a cold response from her, his mood dropped. "Nuna?" He looked at her.

"Sorry, Kook. I need some rest." And with that Hayoon walked into her room, locking the door.

Jungkook looked at Jimin with a glare. "What did you do to her?" He asked the older male with a tint of anger in his voice. Jimin sighed, "I'll tell you later. For the time being, don't disturb her. Tell others." And with that Jimin walked away, leaving Jungkook in bewilderment.

The air in the kitchen turned cold. Everyone just stared at their food and didn't move an inch after Jimin told them what happened back at the grocery store.

Namjoon was clenching his fist tightly, "Damn it! I should've shot him and that woman last time!"

"But none of us expect this to happen." Hoseok said. "I swear to god! I'm going to kill that scumbag the next time I see him." Taehyung gritted his teeth in anger.

"Now what?" Yoongi asked.

"First, we need to make her eat." Jimin said. Pairs of eyes shifted to the tray of foods that was left untouched. The food portion that was supposed to be Hayoon's, was still on the dining table.

Jungkook sighed, "I tried to knock on the door but it didn't work. I assumed she would at least respond to me but no."

"Let's just wait first. Maybe she ... just needs time." Hoseok suggested and they all nodded.

So they waited.

She didn't come out during lunch. She didn't even come out during tea time. They were getting worried since they heard nothing from inside the room. She hasn't responded to any of their calls.

Being alone in the room is the worst for Hayoon. She literally spaced out and did nothing. She barely moved and just laid on her back, staring at the ceiling.

She was...thinking.

Was she a bad friend? Was their friendship even real? Was there any sincerity in their friendship? Was he just using her? Did she love the wrong person?

Tears stream down from her pearly eyes. But sobs didn't come out from her lips. She was just....crying silently.

Am I that less worthy?

She was asking herself. Tears kept coming out but she was numb now.

She has been like this for hours. Day turned to night and none of the boys have seen Hayoon step out of the room. Not even once.

"What do we do now?" Hoseok asked as everyone gathered in the kitchen. "I don't know..." Namjoon sighed. "I was worried for the baby." Yoongi stated and they nodded. "Will she be okay? She didn't eat at all. She didn't even drink anything." Taehyung added.

"No one knows if she's okay or not." Jungkook sighed.

Jimin groaned before he fished out his phone and called someone.

"Who are you calling?" Yoongi asked the younger male. "Someone." Jimin waited for the other person from the other line to answer.

"Hello? What do you want? Why did you call me this late?"

"Jin hyung, can you come over right now? We kind of have some situations here." Jimin told the person.

"Who do I need to stitch this time?"

"No one. Just come here and we'll tell you everything." And with that Jimin ended the phone call.

"He's not busy?" Namjoon asked but Jimin shrugged, "He didn't say anything about that." Jimin said.

Hoseok sighed, "So all we need to do is to wait for Jin hyung. Great idea Jimin. He might be the person we need right now."

Jimin nodded, "I know how fond she is with Jin hyung. It's worth a try." They all nodded. "While everyone's here, do we have anything on those freaks who followed Hayoon in the mall?" Namjoon asked.

"So far we have no idea who they are. It's suspicious though. I tried to get the footage from the mall but they weren't in any of the cctv." Yoongi said. "I hate to say this but we might face some big trouble with these people." Taehyung added. "We're dealing with someone or some organisation that we don't know." Hoseok added after that. Yoongi and Jungkook silently nodded.

Namjoon sighed, "Whatever it is, I'm sure this is because of the murder of her uncle that happened in the past."

"That's probably the only explanation." Jungkook answered as his finger played with his earrings.

"Well, that's the conclusion we could have for now. Let's wait for Jin hyung now." Taehyung stood up and stretched his body.