Chapter 14

"Do you need anything else? Is this okay with you?" Seokjin asked her and Hayoon nodded, "It's okay. But I can eat in my room."

"No, no. You will eat with us." Seokjin told her and he put more meat into her bowl.

Hayoon looked at the others' bowl. They're not eating any rice.

Hayoon pressed her lips into thin lines. She was feeling guilty. "Uhm, I think I should eat somewhere else. Don't worry, I'm okay. You should eat comfortably." She picked up her bowl, utensil, mug and left the kitchen.

"I'll keep her company." Jungkook was about to get up but Jimin was already on his feet with his meal set. "Eat." was all he said before he left the kitchen.

He then found her already eating in the living space. He casually took a seat at the opposite seat.

She looked at him but he just ignored her gaze and started eating.

Hayoon kept munching down her food as her eyes didn't leave Jimin. She placed her bowl on the table for a moment when Jimin quickly placed another piece of meat into her bowl. He continued eating, pretending like nothing happened.

"Why?" asked Hayoon.

"Eat."

"Why?"

"Just eat."

"Why?" she repeated the question.

Jimin looked at her in annoyance. "You can't eat rice right? So shut up and eat that!" with a glare at her, he continued to eat.

Unknowingly, Hayoon smiled to herself while whispering a soft 'thanks'.

"Remember this! Take this after a meal. 2 pills each time. And this as well. Just a pill of this. And this. Make sure to drink this before having your meal." Seokjin was giving her so many supplements for her health and the baby.

"I can't come to visit you for the next 3 days since I'm having surgeries scheduled for me. So promise me to take care of yourself okay? If you feel any pain or discomfort, just ask the boys to drive you to the hospital." Seokjin sounded like he was rapping.

Hoseok chuckled, "Hyung, you say you're in a hurry. So leave now!" "Yah! Stob it!" Seokjin glared at him but the younger male just chuckled.

"I'm leaving now. Take care okay?" he looked at Hayoon again and she nodded eagerly. Seokjin then quickly left that place.

"Let's see what we can do for you, Hayoon." Hoseok said to her. "It's okay, Hoseok oppa. Don't need to change anything for me." She gave him a small smile.

"Nuna!" Jungkook appeared. Hayoon turned to him, "Hmm?" Hayoon looked at him. "Nuna, do you eat ramyeon?" He asked with his bunny smile.

Hayoon nodded, "So far, there's no side effect for it. Why?" "Great!" Jungkook went to her and grabbed her hand. "Let's eat ramyeon with me!" He said with his sparkling eyes.

"Wh-what? But we just ate 2 hours ago."

"But I'm still hungry and I accidentally made 6 cups of ramyeon. I don't think I can finish everything. Share with me please!" He begged her.

She smiled awkwardly. "Accidentally? 6 cups? What were you thinking?"

Jungkook looked at her with a slight baby pout.

"Okay, okay. Let's go. I'll eat with you." Hayoon surrendered.

Jungkook smiled widely at her which also earned a small chuckle from Hoseok who was watching them for a while.

Just as they were about to walk away, the door slammed open, revealing Yoongi and Taehyung, panting heavily.

"We need to go!" Taehyung shouted out aloud.

Namjoon and Jimin came out from their room, ready with their guns. "I'm good to go!" Hoseok grabbed his gun from the coffee table.

Hayoon grabbed onto Jungkook's shirt tightly.

"Nuna. Look at me. Everything will be alright. I'm here." Jungkook cupped her face, preventing her from seeing any more guns.

Jimin came towards her. "You stay here with Jungkook okay. Jeon Jungkook, watch over her while we're out. Don't leave the house." Jimin reminded the younger male and he nodded.

And with that, the rest of the male left the house, leaving Jungkook with Hayoon.

Jungkook deliciously slurped his 3th ramyeon cup while Hayoon's still on her first cup. "Nuna, what's wrong? You don't like the flavour?" He asked her curiously. But she shook her head, "N-No, I'm good."

"But you're not eating." Jungkook looked at her ramyeon cup.

Hayoon's gave him a small smile before she force a small bite of the ramyeon.

Jungkook put down his fork, "Nuna, tell me what's wrong?" he looked at her in concern. Hayoon sighed, "Is this normal?"

He blinked in puzzlement at her statement. "What? Eating 6 cups of ramyeon?" "No. Getting home injured? Guns and fighting?" Hayoon asked him.

"Well, pretty much normal. I mean, we're doing it for our living."

"Have you killed someone innocent?"

Jungkook shook his head as he took another bite of the noodles. "We don't consider people who can't pay our money as innocent, do we?" He took a break for a moment to drink some of the soup before continuing, "We are just trying to help."

"Okay then. Where do you get all the money to lend people?" Hayoon raised an eyebrow. "Easy. We rob. A bank, convenience store, mall...you name it." Jungkook casually answered but Hayoon was surprised with his answer.

"You can't do that!"

"We can, nuna." Jungkook's eyes turned fierce. "Those...stores didn't do justice to their staff. They paid them below the minimum wage. Even when the staff explained why they needed a raise, the management just didn't listen! Family members ended up dying because they didn't give them the raise they deserve. Some even suicide because they don't have enough to survive."

Jungkook clenched his fist, "Same goes to the bank. Do you know that the biggest bank here literally bribed their staff to make a transaction to the management's personal account? And when the accounts are imbalanced, they blame the staff and they get fired."

"For what? To save their a$$ from poverty and let others die without having enough!" Jungkook didn't realise that he was clenching his fist so much that his nails cut his palm.

Hayoon calmly reached out to him. She gently grabbed his hand and gently rubbed his skin using her thumb. "Hey, Jungkook...look at me."

Jungkook's eyes travel to Hayoon's face.

"It's your past isn't it?" She asked. Jungkook pressed his lips into thin lines. "It was just the two of us. I have no one else...."

"They didn't do justice to her. In the end, she chose to jump." Jungkook finally let his tears fall.

Hayoon got up and walked to him. With him still sitting on the chair, she pulled him into a comforting hug. "There...there...you can cry, Jungkook. Go on."

Hearing that Jungkook couldn't help but to burst out on her. He clutched onto her shirt, with his head resting on her stomach, he cried out loud. "Why.... just she has to go? Why...."

Hayoon decided not to answer him but in return, she just stroked his head gently, running her fingers through his hair, wanting to give comfort to him.