Chapter 30

Yoongi frowned, "Didn't she say she doesn't know what her uncle's job was?" "She told us she didn't know, remember?" Namjoon answered.

"Did she lie to us?" Jungkook asked while holding a picture of Hayoon and her uncle while he was doing his business. "No. Nuna is not like that."

Taehyung patted the younger male's shoulder, "Hey, calm down Jungkook. She must have her reason. Let's not jump to conclusions."

Jungkook clenched the photo in his grip. "Let's go home." the younger male strode towards their ride.

"Is it okay to let him go home like this?" Hoseok asked as he took a glance at Jimin. "Let him be. He's just disappointed. You know how much he cares for her." Jimin said. "She also needs to understand, whatever we're doing until now is to protect her. She needs to be transparent with us." Jimin added.

"I just hope she won't be hurt too much."

"Don't worry. We'll be there if anything happens." Jimin assured Hoseok.

Meanwhile, back at home Hayoon was preparing dinner for dinner. She was cooking kimchi jjigae. According to Jungkook, it's Jimin's favourite. She also made fried chicken for them.

She finally took off her apron. "Fuh, that was almost impossible to cook. For 7 stomachs? I really need some helping hands. Next time, let's do this again with Seokjin oppa."

Hayoon checked the time. It's almost 7. They usually would be home for dinner around 7 or 8.

She went over to the balcony to watch the sky as it turned dark. The darker shade of red-orange decorated her view. She let out a sigh. "Is it okay for me to live a life like this?"

"We're home." Hoseok's voice was heard, followed by the sound of footsteps.

"Welcome home. Let's have dinner." Hayoon smiled when Hoseok first came to the living room. But Hoseok was only giving her a sad look.

"What's wrong, Hoseok oppa?" She was confused.

Just then another footstep was heard. It was loud and fast. Jungkook was seen striding towards her. "Tell me now! What's the meaning of this, nuna?!" He raised his voice while showing her a picture.

Hayoon's pupil shake in fear, "Jungkook-"

"Just tell us the truth!" Jungkook shouted.

Hayoon's knees weakened and slowly she fell onto the cold tile, crying her eyes out. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry." she repeated as she cried her heart out, covering her face with both of her hands.

Jungkook squatted in front of her and roughly pulled her hand away. "Stop crying and tell us now!

"Jungkook, please-"

"You lied to us! Why? Are you using us for your own benefit??" Jungkook yelled at her. "Did you not think about us even a bit?!"

"Jungkook, please! It hurts." she cried.

Jungkook grabbed her wrist tighter, "I won't let you go until you tell us."

"Enough." Jimin finally stepped up, holding onto Jungkook's shoulder. "You're hurting her." Jungkook gritted his teeth before he roughly let go of her hands and stormed into his room, locking himself in.

Jimin squatted to her level, "Hey-" "I'm sorry!" she threw herself to him, making him fall at the impact. "I didn't mean to hide it! I'm sorry! I really am sorry." She cried into his chest and he just let her do so. Hands slowly wrapped around her, Jimin gently patted her back to calm her down.

Taehyung came with a glass of water. He passed it to Hayoon. "Drink, Hayoon." Hoseok, who was sitting next to her, gently stroked her head. Taehyung took a seat next to Seokjin.

"You want to tell us what exactly happened?"

Hayoon smiled weakly, "As you can see in the picture, I know what my uncle's job is. He was a businessman. A successful one, I must add. But other than that, he had his side income. He was in this firearm smuggling business."

"That picture..." Hayoon tightened her grip around the mug. "Was taken a few hours before he was shot, I guess. I still remember the dress I wore because he gave me that. We're supposed to go for a hi-tea at a restaurant. But he said he had to do a quick delivery before the hi-tea."

"That was the moment I knew he was doing this illegal business."

Hayoon looked at them, "Believe me, I didn't know before that! The day I found out about his illegal business is the same day he was shot."

"What about everything else? Are you telling us the truth?" Namjoon asked and she nodded, "His son left the country and I couldn't reach him." Hayoon said.

Yoongi turned to look at Jimin, "Aren't you supposed to keep an eye on her? Aren't you supposed to know about this earlier?"

Jimin shook his head, "It was her break. She's going to be with her family. That's why I didn't follow her. If I knew her uncle was behind the illegal business, I wouldn't leave her that day."

Hoseok sighed, "Well the fact that everything is revealed now changed nothing. We still don't know who is chasing after Hayoon. And what do they want from her." "We can work on that. At least we know what business her uncle was doing before. We could get some leads on that." Namjoon said.

"Taehyung and I will look for people related to that business tomorrow morning." Yoongi volunteered. "I'll walk around and see if they know anything about it." Hoseok added.

Namjoon nodded, "Great! Let's do our best tomorrow." "Till then, have a good rest everyone." one by one, they left the living room.

Jimin was about to walk away but Hayoon grabbed onto his hand. "What?? he asked coldly. "I'm sorry...and thank you." Hayoon said to him.

Jimin sighed, "Go and apologize to Jungkook. He's hurt because of you. He thinks you don't believe in us. He thinks you're using us."

"But I'm not! Please, trust me! I'm not using you guys!" Hayoon was about to cry again but to her surprise, Jimin smiled at her. He gently patted her head. "I know. I know you won't do that. But Jungkook thinks the other way. So just go and talk to him okay."

Hayoon nodded, "I will." she hugged him, "Thank you, Jimin ssi." Jimin hugged her back. "Now go." He let her go.