Chapter 31

Hayoon knocked on the door but Jungkook didn't answer. So she opened the door nevertheless.

"Jungkook?" she called but he was not in the room. The sound of water running coming from the private bathroom, telling Hayoon Jungkook was showering at that time. Deciding that she would wait for him, she took a seat on his bed.

She sighed heavily. "What should I say to him? Just 'I'm sorry'? Is that enough?"

"Go and apologise to Jungkook. He's hurt because of you. He thinks you don't believe in us. He thinks you're using us."

She sighed again, "Let's start with apologising first. I didn't mean to hurt him." Just then the sound of shower running died down. Hayoon fixed her posture, looking towards the bathroom door.

Jungkook walked out from the bathroom only in his pants. His sleeve tattoo was fully on display. His well defined abs that any man would want, and tiny waist that female envious.

His eyes straight away went to Hayoon who was sitting on his bed. "What are you doing here?" he asked coldly.

Hayoon looked at him, "I-I just... I-" "Leave. I'm not in the mood, nuna." Jungkook wiped his hair with his towel.

Hayoon got up and went to him, "Jungkook, listen to me-" she grabbed onto his hand but he quickly slapped her hand away. "I don't want to listen to any of your lies anymore! So leave!" he yelled at her.

Her lips trembled badly as she's trying her best to stop herself from breaking down in front of him. *don't take it by heart, Hayoon. He's just hurt. Of course he would. You lied to him, to them.*

With heavy steps, Hayoon made her way to the door. "I'm sorry for hurting you, Jungkook. I've told everything to your hyungs. Ask them about it. Again, I'm sorry. And I won't talk to you anymore after this. Afterall, everything that comes out of my mouth is a lie."

She opened the door but it was closed again when Jungkook pushed it. She was trapped between the door and Jungkook.

"N-Nuna..."

"Hmm?"

"Why?" He finally let out a sob.

*Jungkook? He was crying?* she was surprised.

"Are you using us, nuna? You know that they are aftering you? That's why you found us?" He asked.

"Jungkook, no!" Hayoon turned around. She was taken aback to see tears streamed down Jungkook's face. "I didn't do this on purpose. I didn't find you. You guys found me, remember? You guys saved me!" Hayoon had tears welled up. "I admit I lied to you about that thing but that's it. Trust me, Jungkook. I didn't think they would look after me to this extent. I didn't think they would know me. If I knew they would involve you guys in this, I would stab myself even deeper that day! It would be better for me to die rather than watching you guys suffer because of me!"

"Please don't say that, nuna!" Jungkook finally hugged her. He buried his face on the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I'm sorry. But please don't say you would kill yourself. I can't stand that, nuna. I'm sorry." Jungkook cried.

Hayoon wrapped her hands around him. "I'm sorry too, Jungkook. I'm sorry. But trust me, I love you. I love you guys so much. You are my family now."

And just like that, Jungkook and Hayoon were crying into each other's embrace for a few more minutes.

Jimin shook his head when he heard two different sobs. "Such a kid." He smiled to himself.

"But you still love her." Yoongi said. Jimin turned to look at him in surprise. "Hyung."

"When are you going to tell her, Jimin?" Yoongi asked. "I'm not going to join this conversation." Jimin walked away, trying to run away from the question. But guess Yoongi just wouldn't let him do that. He followed after the younger male, "Come on, Park Jimin. You are not making progress."

"What progress are you talking about, hyung? There's nothing to start with." Jimin said.

Yoongi looked at him in annoyance, "You know what, you and Hayoon are both pain in the ass."

Jimin frowned, "What was that?" "I said, you and Hayoon are both pain in the ass." Yoongi casually repeated his words, when he knew well Jimin heard him the first time.

Jimin went to grab his hyung's collar tightly. "You can call me with those shitty names, but never get Hayoon involved in this."

"I don't care if you don't want to listen to me cause I'm still going to say this to you. Drop your ego and just confirm to her, okay?" Yoongi pushed him away, making Jimin let go of his collar. Yoongi then casually walked back to his room.

Jimin sighed, "Can't you see it hyung? I can't. I just can't . I don't want to drag her into our dark world. She suffers enough."