Chapter 37

It was night time and Hayoon was walking towards an abandoned chocolate factory near the big river. She was alone, looking solemn. Many thoughts ran through her mind at that moment. She's worried about her safety, she's worried about the boys' safety. Her hands were sweating as she was really nervous, though she knew the boys were just around the area, hidden somewhere.

As she walked closer to the old factory entrance gate, she could see two buff men standing by the door. *these guys can snap our neck like a toothpick* she gulped.

"Are you alone?" one of the buff men asked.

"Are you blind? Do you see anyone else other than me? No right." Hayoon rolled her eyes.

"They could be hiding somewhere." Another buff man added. Hayoon scoffed. "I left without them knowing. Better get your business done before they can reach this place."

One of the men scoffed. "Acting so brave, huh?" "I have nothing more to lose. Why would I be afraid?" Hayoon felt down. She suddenly remembered that she literally has nothing left. She only has them. She has to believe in them.

"Get inside." The man pushed her in.

She walked inside until she saw a man. He was standing there alone.

"Boss!"

The man turned towards them when one of the buff men called him.

"Ah! You're here! Let me see you closely so I know I won't kill the wrong person." The man said with a smile.

Upon getting closer to that man, her breath caught in her throat. She remembers the face. She remembers the scar on his chin. Even though the incident happened years ago, she still remembers it.

"You haven't changed so much huh? I remember seeing you with your deadass uncle during that one time business meeting." he smiled. "Such a fool to bring a family member to such a dangerous business."

The man then grinned, "Well his foolishness now will cost you your own life, little lamb."

"I'm not an animal so don't call me that!" Hayoon gritted her teeth.

The man laughed out loud. "What a brave woman you became today. I guess living with those scumbags teaches you to be this brave huh?"

"Keep them out of your dirty mouth! They have nothing to do with this! It's me who you want, so just kill me instead!" Hayoon fought back.

The man laughed out aloud. "What did you say? Have nothing to do with all this?"

"Did you forget who hid you from us? Did you forget who took you away when we're this close to catch you?" the man motioned with his fingers how close they were to catch her that one time. "And you said they have nothing to do with this?? Bullsht!"

One of the minions came over to the boss and whispered something.

The man gritted his teeth. "Search the perimeter! They must be here somewhere!"

Hayoon was a puzzle at first.

"Looks like those scumbags are playing something here. Some little bird told me that they're not at home. Not even one of them."

Hayoon bitterly gulped her saliva.

"Do you think they're around here somewhere?" The boss asked her.

"How would I know?! They were at home when I left. You want me right, so just kill me! Don't mind the boys." Hayoon yelled.

The man smirked, "You'll get what you want soon, little girl." He took out his gun and pointed it to her.

"One question before you kill me. Why?"

The man raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean why?"

"Why me? Yes, I saw and I knew whatever deal that went on between you guys and my uncle. But killing me won't bring back whatever deal you had that time." Hayoon was curious about one thing.

"All this while, never once you try to find me. You could've killed me when I was living alone. Why now?"

"Nam Manshik."

Hayoon raised an eyebrow when the man mentioned her cousin's name, her uncle's only child.

"The new deal is to kill you and we'll get back the amount that we lost last time." The man said.

"Wh-What? Wait, I do-don't understand."

"The reason why we didn't chase you all this while is because we've been chasing him, asking him to pay us the money. Well, apparently he got married and has a family in the states. I'm sure you are aware of that."

"Heck no! I know nothing! I swear." Hayoon told him. All this while, none of her relatives contacted her, not after that shooting incident.

The man the shrugged it off, "After a little bit torture, he agreed to pay us, only and only if we manage to kill you."

Her heart dropped to the deepest it could go. Her knees feel so weak. "Wh-what...why... I... I never even contacted him."

The man sighed heavily, "Do I have to tell you about your own family things? You are such a clueless, dumb girl aren't you?"

Hayoon couldn't do anything. It's like another puzzle of her life. Some parts of the stories are missing.

"Pl-please... just tell me."

The man smirked. "Well, it seems that your dearest cousin doesn't have any money. Why? Because his father already transferred all of them to you."

"Wh-What?" Hayoon was surprised to know that.

"Well yeah, apparently your cousin has the document. He will get the money if and only if you're dead. Which is why we are all here today. Once we kill you, the money will go to him. He will pay us the exact amount that we lost that day."

"Do cooperate with us okay. Let us get our job done here as soon as possible." he then took out his gun and aimed it towards Hayoon. "I'll make your death as not painful as possible."

He pulled the trigger.

Hayoon closed her eyes tightly. *why? Even my own family is willing to kill me just for money?? Is this how humans are nowadays?*

BANG! BANG!

The banging of gunfire broke the silence in the old, abandoned factory.