Part 4:Nightmare

Flora Formula

I woke up, it was pretty early. It was only 5 a.m. I went downstairs to get some water. When I got downstairs, I saw Diego. "Diego, why are you awake?", I asked. "I-I just can't sleep.", said Diego. "Why?", I asked in a worried tone. "Erm, I-, I see things that I don't want to see.", he said. "You have nightmares?", I asked. "Yeah.", he said. "Why don't you talk to me about it, I'll make you some hot chocolate milk with some whipped cream, and then we can talk, it always helps.", I said. "Alright.", he said. I made him his drink and we sat down on the couch. "So, what was your dream about?", I asked. "It was about the mafia, something that happened. I keep seeing the images over and over again.", he said. "If you don't mind me asking, what happens in your dream?", I asked. "Erm, alright. So, I was six. Me and Dre got separated, it was one of the first times that it happened. It was the first time we saw Los Vendettas. It was the first time that we interacted with them, or at least, them with us. He hit our mother, and shot her in front of me. Dre was already gone, I didn't know where he went. Someone picked me up, and put his hand on my mouth. They threw me in a trunk and they drove away, it wasn't the nicest experience.", he said. It's about the same like me. "So you did know your mother, I'm so sorry about it.", I said. "Don't tell Dre, he doesn't know that she was with me, he won't forgive me, I had to save her, and I couldn't.", said Diego. "Hey, you were six at the time, you couldn't have done anything, you were a little boy, and you still are.", I said. "Yeah, well, I couldn't forgive myself, I could have stopped it. I could have prevented the worst time of my life.", Diego said. "How was that time?", I asked. "It was bad, very bad. The things they did.", said Diego. "Let me guess, freezing, cutting, beating, starving, boiling, burning, strangling, electrocuting?", I asked. "Yeah, how do you know?", he asked. "They did the same to me and dad Lando last year.", I said. "Yeah, he did the same to me. I was six, I didn't know what I was doing wrong, why I deserved that. I felt terrible for weeks after the incident.", said Diego. "And Dre, was he there with you?", I asked. "No, he was safe with Ivan in Italy. I was going to be brought there, but Los Vendettas found us sooner.", he said. "I'm so sorry what happened, you were six, you didn't deserve that.", I said. "Well, it all happened, and it probably isn't going to stop.", said Diego. "No, it probably won't.", I said. "Yeah, I figured.", he said sad. He was forced to grow up so fast, how could I make him a child again? "Diego, have you ever watched a movie? It always helps me clear my mind.", I said. "A movie? No, I haven't.", he said. I took the remote and searched for Netflix or Disney+. I put on 'super buddies'. "Come on, lay down.", I said. He did as I said and I put a blanket over him. I sat on the couch next to him and looked with him. He stood up and sat down next to me. I made some place and he laid down next to me. I put the blanket over us. He laughed a lot, I was happy that he was laughing again. He must have had a very hard childhood. When the movie was done, he was sleeping, it was already 7a.m. I tried to get some sleep too.