Part 47:the hospital

Flora Formula

"She's going to make it, she'll wake up, have some faith", I heard someone say. "I don't know, it was a bad one, have you seen it?", I heard someone else ask. They both had French accents. So that's probably père Pierre and père Charles. "Do not remind of that crash, it was an ugly one, I couldn't believe he did it, and that he's walking away with it!", I heard someone say with a Spanish accent. Why can't I answer, I want to move my body, I felt someone holding my hand, but I couldn't move anything. "Or the fact that he isn't even here!", said someone else. It sounded like dad Daniel. So dad Lewis and dad Lando were left. "The media, family and friends keep spamming me, what should I say?", asked, probably dad Lewis. "Tell them the truth, that she still hasn't waken up after a week!", I heard someone yell. "Yeah, we just came back from Singapore, she still hasn't woken up", I heard padre say. "Yeah, and what about Max?", asked dad Lewis.

God, body, move, cough, talk, even a millimeter!

"Did you see what he did, you saw the thing live!", said père Pierre. "Don't tell the media anything, tell our families that she hasn't woken up yet", I heard dad Lando say. "Alright", said dad Lewis. I was following the entire conversation without moving. I was so bored, worried and scared. "What the fuck do we do?", I heard père Charles say. I tried my best to squeeze my hand. "Guys, I'm not sure, but I think she just moved her hand, I'm not sure, it was only miniscule", told dad Lando to the rest. "How sure are you?", asked padre.

Yes! Yes! It's me, I'm awake!

"Not so sure, it was only a small movement", told dad Lando. "It was probably nothing", said père Pierre.

Père, no, it was something!

I started getting a lot of feeling around my chest. Suddenly the pain started, the numbness was gone. I quickly grabbed my chest. "Holy shit", said dad Lando jumping up because he was scared. "Ah, dad it hurts like hell", I said almost screaming. "Calm down, get a doctor in here!", yelled dad Lando. It kept getting worse. I was hardly breathing. "Dad, please, make it stop", I begged him. "Her vitals are through the roof!", yelled a nurse coming in. A doctor came too. The nurse put her fingers on my neck to check my heartbeat. "Her heart is going fast", said the nurse to the doctor. "Her oxygen is bad too, get an oxygen mask, or better an intubate tube", yelled the doctor to the nurses. They lowered the head rest of my bed. "Sir, can you please get out of the way", ordered the doctor to dad. I just kept screaming because it hurted like hell. "Somebody, give her some pain killers", ordered the doctor. I saw the nurses giving me some stuff through my IV. Probably a pain medicine. I quickly calmed down and almost passed out. I was still struggling to breathe naturally. "Sedated her from the neck down, I'll put intubate her, her airways is nowhere where I need it to be", told the doctor to the nurse. I felt everything going dumb. I realized they were intubating me, awake.

"She's going to feel really uncomfortable, she can't move and there's a tube down her throat, but we had to do it, or she wouldn't be able to live anymore", told the doctor. I kept lying down, the nurse was checking some more stuff. "Are you alright?", she asked. I tried to move something but it didn't work at all. "Her heartbeat is still a little too high, but we'll monitor it closely", I heard the doctor say. The nurse raised my headrest again as I was now facing the scared faces of my fathers. Dad Lando quickly grabbed my hand again. "I'll update the family", said dad Lewis. I closed my eyes in disgust as I realized that I couldn't move. "Can you blink?", asked père Pierre. I blinked one time. "Alright, two blinks is yes, one blink is no", said père Charles. Seriously? "Are you okay?", asked dad Daniel. I blinked two times. I didn't need them worrying. "She's definitely lying about that", said père Pierre? I confessed as I blinked two times. "Are you in pain?", asked dad Lando. I blinked one time, I was sedated. "She's sedated", answered padre. "Do you know what happened?", asked dad Lewis. I blinked one time, I didn't remember at all, I know I was yelling at Alex, and next thing I know I was in the hospital. "She doesn't know", said padre sighing. "Do not show it to her, let her strengths come on first", said dad Lando. It must have been really bad. "What I'll say is that you and Max both had a DNF, and so did Max in Singapore, he hasn't really at the top his game", explained père Charles. I closed my eyes. "We should let her rest", told père Pierre. I didn't hear the rest, I just fell asleep.