Part 8: We're your sons

Fabien Formula

I saw Flora hiding behind the corner. I knocked on the door. "Act cool.", I said to the twins. A man opened the door. If I paid attention to dad and Flora explaining everything, this was père Pierre. "Hey.", I said. "Hello?", he asked. "Erm, I need to talk to you, and the other fathers of, erm, Flora.", I said. "How do you know her?", asked Père Pierre. I think that's how Flora calls him. "Erm, I'll explain.", I said. I was shy, so were the twins, they were hiding behind me. "Alright, come in.", he said. He opened the door, let us through, and closed the door behind us. We arrived in the living room, everyone was staring at us. "H-hi.", I said. I was scared. "So, how do you know Flora?", asked père Pierre. "Erm.", I said. "We're her brothers.", said Diego. Nobody said anything. "Yeah, we-we're her brothers.", I said. "You're her brothers?", asked dad Lewis. "Erm, yes, we're your sons, I'm Fabien, I turned 14 in February, Diego, and Dre, they turn 11 in a month.", I said. "Whoa, what?", asked papa Max. I really hope I have the names right. "A-are Flora, and Daniel alive?", asked dad Lando. "Yeah, they've been kidnapped to take care of us.", I said. "Where are they now?", asked père Charles. "Dad, and Ivan, have been taken by Los Vendettas, and Flora, she told me not to tell.", I said. "She's going to save them, isn't she?", asked, I don't know. I think it was Kelly, they all looked familiar. I didn't say anything. This is going to be awkward. "Flora, is alive?", asked Penelope. "Yeah, they faked their death.", I said. "Oh my god.", said Penelope. "I-erm, whoa, wait, so Flora, and Daniel, they're alive, you're our sons. And Flora, is risking her life, to save Daniel and Carlos?", asked papa Max. "Yep.", said Dre. "Erm, wow.", said père Pierre. I took a letter out of my backpack. "S-she told me to give you guys this.", I said. I handed it over. Dad Lewis took it.

Hey, I think you must be confused. It's true. Everything that they say, at least I think so. They're no liars. Me and dad Daniel are still alive. We've been living on a deserted island, making sure nobody gets to me, Fabien, Diego, Dre, Matthias, and Ivan. Until now it has been working of. I woke up in the morning, and heard that Luisa and Isa are dead. Padre was kidnapped, and soon to be killed. I wanted to take a walk outside, clear my mind. When I heard strange noises from the house. I saw that they found us. Me and Fabien ran away, and eventually had to go back for Diego and Dre. When we got back we saw Ivan, Matthias, and dad on their knees. We had to go. But I can't take them on my trip to save them. So, please take care of them. They're your sons after all. I miss you all.

Xoxo Flora

"xoxo Flora.", said dad Lewis reading out the final question. "Well, hello, I think she explained us to you?", asked Kika. "Yes.", I said. The twins were holding on for dear life. "Alright, erm.", said dad Lando. "We need to get them some beds, and clothes, and toys.", said Alexandra, Flora said that I could call her Alex. "We can take them now.", said père Charles. "Alright, how scared are you guys of men?", asked Penelope. "Penelope!", said Kelly. "No, It's alright, we've been, ..., erm, abused, but dad helped us to get over the fear.", I said. "See, valid question.", said Penelope. "Alright, let's go.", said papa Max. They got ready. "Come on.", said Penelope. We followed her. We got in a car. The twins kept quiet. They started speaking in Italian to me. "Sei sicuro che non faranno qualcosa?(Are you sure they aren't going to do something?)", asked Diego. "Flora ha detto che non fanno nulla, a meno che qualcuno non ci faccia del male. Cosa che non faranno, sono i nostri padri. E di iniziare a parlare in inglese, è scortese. (Flora said they won't do anything unless someone hurts us. Which they won't, they are our fathers. And start speaking in English, it's rude.)", I said back. "It's fine, talk in any language you want, and we promise, we won't hurt you.", said père Charles. "Okay.", said Diego. "So, erm,..., Max, Flora asked us to congratulate you on each record, and the title.", said Dre. "Papa is fine, and thanks, did you watch it all?", he asked surprised. "Yeah, when there was racing going on, dad put it on.", I said. "Of course he did.", said père Charles. It was just me, papa, Diego, Dre, and père Charles. The other fathers came in a bigger car, to bring all our stuff. The girlfriends stayed behind. I don't know why. "So, erm, what do you guys all like?", asked père Charles. "On the island we always played football with dad and Flora after they were done with their training, and we also messed a lot with Ivan, Matthias helped us. And the games before bed are also always fun.", said Diego. "They still train?", asked papa. "Yes, they do it every day, for about two hours, it depends.", said Dre. "And, erm, is that all you did?", asked père Charles. I started laughing. "What?", asked papa. "I don't think we should be saying this.", I said. "Come on.", said père Charles. "Every day, Flora takes a walk, right before dinner, and dad always brings us with him to spy on her.", I said. "Really, what have you found out?", asked papa. "That her and Matthias are closer than we thought.", said Dre. "Her and Matthias?", asked père Charles. "Yes, they usually just talk.", said Diego. "Usually?", asked papa. "The first time, nobody thought about it, so we didn't follow her. Dad said she came in, with a bit reddish cheeks, like she was blushing. And she asked him when he had his first kiss. And eventually she said that they kissed, while trying to hide from Ivan.", I said. "Her and Matthias?", asked père confused. "Yeah, dad said that's weird too.", said Dre. "Weird yes.", said papa. We arrived at a big store, and we got out of the car. "Guys, you'll never know what I just found out.", said papa running to the other guys. I followed him together with père Charles and the twins. "What? With Matthias?", asked dad Lewis. "Yes, it's weird, right?", asked papa. "Yeah, damn.", said père Pierre. "Well, they didn't-.", said dad. "No, dad asked her too, she said she was only fourteen.", said Diego. "Well, she's fifteen now.", said Penelope. "She hasn't done it yet, believe me.", I said. Why was I talking about this to people, I barely met? Well, I guess, they are my fathers after all. We started shopping, and brought everything home. Shopping isn't my thing, the only one who I think actually enjoyed it was Penelope.