Part 34: surgery

Flora Formula

"Damnit, sit down", I heard Jack say to someone. "Flora, we need to get some off them to the hospital.", said Jack. I saw Jack looking at the injuries off padre. "We can't", said Matthias. "We have to, he's going to die from his injuries", said Jack. "Whoa, what?", asked Padre. "We can't, almost half the doctors are from the mafia.", said Matthias. "And that doctor, where you took me last time I was here?", I asked. "He's dead, he got killed.", said Matthias. What? "How bad is it?", I asked. "Bad", said Fabien helping Jack. "What are we going to do?", asked Jack. Why are they asking me? "Can you fix it here?", I asked them in Arabic so that nobody would understand us. "I can try, but he needs to be sedated, it's ugly", said Jack back in Arabic. "How many need this kind of treatment?", I asked. "Guys", said dad Daniel. "Papa, padre and dad Lando, the rest just need to be stitched up", said Fabien. "Do we even have the tools to do this?", asked Diego joining the conversation. "Flora, it's madness", said Jack. "Guys!", said dad Lando. "Yes, we have the tools in the first aid kit", said Fabien. Jack sighed. "We haven't got another choice", said Matthias. He speaks Arabic? "What are you guys planning on?", asked uncle O. "We need to sedate Lando, Max, and Carlos in order to fix their wounds", said Jack. "What?", asked papa. "That's insane", said dad Lando. They were both sitting against the wall. "As in you guys are going to do surgery on them?", asked grandpa Lance. "Yes", I said. "There are only three people who can do that here", said dad Daniel. "No, me and Dre can too", said Diego. "Guys, Lando isn't awake anymore, and it's hitting me too", said papa weak. "See, they're not going to make it", I said. Suddenly a lot of blood appeared on papa his shirt. "Put him on the table", I said as I washed my hands. They put him on the table. Jack joined me too. I saw a large hole in his chest. "It's probably an artery that's hit", I said. I put my hand in the hole and located the bleeding with my hands. Once I found it, I put my finger on it. I'm inside papa his chest. "Fuck, we don't have stitches, Matthias, can you go find some stuff?", I asked. "Yeah, what do you need?", he asked. I listed everything I need. This is not going good. "What the hell is happening?", asked uncle Oscar. "So, we have someone who can drown anytime, again, so uncle A, keep ventilating him, dad over there is passed out, I'm going to check them out, and Diego and Dre, look at padre his injuries please. And Flora and Jack are busy with Papa", said Fabien. "Regretting to show up?", I asked to everyone. "It's definitely not what I was expecting", said uncle George. "You're kidding", said grandpa Kimi.

After a while Matthias came back. "Half of it I didn't even know what it was", he said handing me all the stuff. I smirked and took some stuff. "You have it?", asked Jack. "Yeah, I think I do", I said. I closed the rupture in papa his artery and stitched him close. "Dad is going to be fine", said Fabien. "Yeah, Papa too", I said. "We're working on Padre, he passed out too", said Diego. "I'm not sure if Charles is sleeping or passed out", said grandpa Seb. Père made as sound to show that he was just sleeping. "My god, what the hell just happened", said Jack washing his hands. "You guys just saved all of us, which was incredibly stupid!", said Kika. "Well normally, I intended it to just be me and Matthias", I said. "Well, if it weren't up to us, you would still be there because you had no way of leaving.", said grandpa Nando. "Yeah, now we're with 43 people who are bate for the freaking mafia.", I said. "We're remote, they wouldn't find us", said uncle Zhou. "Yes, they would, and my guess, is that they're already searching for us", said Matthias. "We're screwed", I said. "Well, it's going to be a hell of a time until we can leave.", said grandpa James. My phone rang. "What the hell?", I asked. I picked up. "It's grandpa Jos, did you find Max yet, he needs to return to win the championship", said grandpa Jos. "What the fuck is the matter with you?! Of course we found him, and no, he can't drive yet! I don't think that he's really eager to win that championship, he'd rather live", I said. I hung up and put my phone away. "Was that Jos?", asked uncle Checo. "Yes, he wants that papa starts driving again so that he can still win the championship", I said. "Damn", said grandpa Mike. "What are we going to do?", asked Fabien standing up because he was done. "I have no idea.", I said. Why am I running this 'mission'? "I'm going to go upstairs, too much blood", said uncle Logan. Almost everyone followed him. We were now with just the family. I sat down and took some water. "Flora, stop saving us!", said père Pierre. "I had to!", I said. "No, you're lucky that nothing happened to you", said dad Daniel. "Well if I didn't, père would be dead right now, papa, padre, and dad would be a lot worse than now, and the rest of you could have died too", I said. Dad grunted. He was probably awake. "Some of you barely made it", I said. Dad Daniel, Lewis, and père Pierre didn't say anything anymore. Père started coughing, heavily. "Guys", said uncle A. "Roll him to his side", I said. Uncle A did as I said and another round of water left père his mouth. "That should have been the last bit, just keep ventilating him to be sure", I said. "Do we have beds here? I'm tired as hell", said dad Lando. He was still barely awake. "Yes, there are sleeping places for everybody upstairs, you need to share rooms though", said uncle A. "I don't care, I just want to sleep", said dad trying to stand up. "We'll join him too", said everyone. They all went upstairs. I took over from uncle A. I was now alone with père, padre, and papa. "Flora?", asked père. "Yeah?", I asked. "Thanks", he said. "No problem", I said smiling.

After about two hours, papaand padre had waken up too. We were still with four of us downstairs. "How wasyour birthday?", asked papa. "It was fine, me and Jack snuck to Belgium andwent to a club. Jack was wasted", I said. I was sitting against the wall. Pèrewas sitting next to me. He was breathing fine, so I didn't help him anymore. "Youhad your first alcohol?", asked padre. "Yeah, I did", I said. Papa smiled. "Don'tever do anything stupid", said père. "I won't, and we found out that I don'tget drunk fast", I said. "You're very different from me on that subject", saidpapa. "Yeah, maybe I am", I said. I was exhausted. "Are you alright?", askedpère. "Yeah, just didn't have a good night last night", I said. There's no waythat I'm telling them. "Why?", asked padre. "Erm, just couldn't sleep, becauseyou weren't here", I lied to them, I hate it when I lie to them. Theydidn't answer anymore. "So, how are your injuries?", I asked everyone."Better", said papa. "Little sore, but I'll probably make it", said padre. "I'mfine", said père. I was happy that they're fine