Part 46:a feeling

Flora Formula

15 September 2025

I walked back in the paddock as it was time for the Baku race. I was feeling very excited, the battle between me and papa have been insane, absolutely draining, and it just kept on ruining our relationships. During the summer break, we had barely talked, he didn't even attend my birthday plans, but I didn't really care because we would just be fighting once again. The last time I heard something from him towards me is 'we need to go', as we had to left our house to leave to Azerbaijan. That was 4 days ago, I had also barely made eye contact with him. I really hoped our relationship gets fixed, but in order for that to happen, our championship battle needed to be over. It would have made both of us calmer. I was excited because I was in second in the championship by 7 points, but Baku is one of my best and favourite tracks. It's because I know where the fastest line is, so I also know where I can get faster. It always helps to have a genius brain that can remember the exact spot to brake. It's really an advantage to have a brain in sports, but some of them, like papa, can naturally adapt into the sport, without having to use their brain, it's kind of printed into his body. I'm not saying that he's dumb, he's just, not smarter than me, which is logic because I'm a literal genius. So, I was walking down the paddock when I saw grandpa Seb suddenly walking past me. "Hey", I said. "Hey, excited?", he asked. "Yeah, it's a track where I'm very good at, and I'm really hoping that I can get the gap closer between me and papa", I answered. "Yeah, if I calculate it right, if you get first with fastest lap, and he crashes, then you're tied, I think", said grandpa Seb. "I would be a point in front of him, and I don't want papa to crash, he still is, and will always be my father", I replied. "Yeah, I know, but it's a sport where you sometimes need to get a little naughty", advised grandpa Seb. "By purposely crashing my own father?", I asked. "I'm not saying purposely, I'm just referring to the deal that you made between your family that you wouldn't affect your driving, just because you're family", remembered grandpa Seb to me. "Yeah, I know", I replied. "Come on, we're late, run, get those muscles fired up", said Robert running past me. I smirked and me and grandpa started running behind Robert. It was just a gentle jog though. Nothing to tiring, don't want to get all the energy out before the race. I jogged inside the building and met the people of my team. I greeted them all and went to a small meeting that was being held. "Flora, you're here", said Aluni. "Yeah, sorry I'm late", I replied. "No worries, sit down, we'll go over the data", replied Aluni. "Yeah", I said as I sat down. It was just a regular meeting, car, blabla, PR, blabla. All important, but boring. I got ready for the race in my driver room. Suddenly I got a really bad feeling. Why did I get a bad feeling?

Something's going to happen

I just shook it off and kept getting ready for the race, with grandpa helping me. "Ready?", he asked. "I don't know, I honestly, I just have a bad feeling", I confessed. "A bad feeling, as in what?", asked grandpa curious. "Like something's going to happen", I replied. "Something bad?", he asked. "I don't know, but it won't be good", I told him. He looked really curious and scared at the same time. And maybe a little bit confused. "Nah, it's probably nothing", I replied standing up. "Hey, if you're scared of you're sure something is going to happen, you do not have to race", replied grandpa. "No, I'm fine, it's probably nothing", I answered. We walked downstairs and I got ready to go in the car. But when I got in the car, the feeling really started to rise up. It was tingling my body. Something was definitely going to happen. I just let it slide because I can't show that I'm weak. "Hey Flora, feeling good?", asked Alex. "Erm, y-yeah, sure", I answered. "What's wrong?", he asked noticing something was wrong. "Nothing, it's nothing", I answered. "Alright", he replied in an extended tune. I just drove the car around a little bit, and waited for my team to park me in the second spot on the track. Starting P2, could go for the win. I got back out of my car and put everything away. The feeling just kept feeling worse. I took a deep breath and went to the national anthem ceremony. They have got to be kidding me. I have to stand next to papa. I just stood on my place, luckily, dad Daniel was beside me. "Hey, you alright?", asked dad noticing that something's wrong during the anthem. "It-it's fine", I answered. "Flora", ordered dad. "Fine, I've got a bad feeling, it has been going on since I went to the car, and it keeps on getting worse and worse", I answer. "There's no such thing as a bad feeling", I heard papa saying to me. I just sighed at this comment. "What do you mean with bad feeling?", asked dad. "I don't know, like something bad is going to happen", I answered. "If you feel unsafe you should leave the race", said dad to me. I heard papa scoffing. "No, thanks", I told dad. The anthem was done and me and dad started clapping. Papa immediately walked away. I just rolled my eyes and turned around. "One day, you two will get along again", told dad. "Yeah, I hope, but this battle has to be over first, it'll be easier", I answered. "Yeah, well good luck, and I hope you stay safe", told dad. "Yeah, you too", I answered. I walked back to my car and got in. I took a deep breath.

Something terrible is going to happen

The feeling just kept on getting worse and worse. I didn't let it guide me and waited for the lights to go out. When they went past me, I successfully passed papa, now just needed to keep the place.

Come on Flora, you've got this!

No! Stop the car!

Why was the feeling not going away? I hated it, it was controlling my mind, it was driving me insane. I didn't focus on it and I just continued the race.

It was lap 35, me and papa kept fighting with each other. And we were pushing. Like crazy. Père Charles and padre Carlos were behind us, I think I could see dad Lewis and dad Lando catch on too in the side of my mirrors. Entering lap 36, papa was pushing me very close to the barriers. "What the fuck is this! Does he want me dead?!", I yelled over the radio. Suddenly everything started spinning, I felt a lot of impacts. It felt like the car was flying everywhere. And then it all went black, what the hell happened?