Part 48:deathbed

Flora Formula

"Well, good morning you two", I heard dad Lando say. "Matthias is her boyfriend", said père Charles while he was waking up. "Nooo, père, why'd you have to tell that", I replied as I moved my hands on my head. "Holy shit", said dad Lewis. I moved myself under my blanket. "Matthias, as in the boy that worked, works for the mafia?", asked père Pierre. "Yeah, and as in he almost got me, Jack and his own girlfriend kidnapped when they were 6 and 5", said père. "Okay, you guys are overreacting so bad", I said pulling the blanket away. "Maybe", said dad Daniel. "That's going to be so weird when they have sex!", said padre. "Okay, no, I'm 17, I can choose my own sex life, right?", I asked. "Damn, she's already 17", said dad Lewis. "I think I'm actually going to cry, my little girl is growing up so fast", said dad Lando. "Oh my god, how did I survive 17 years with you guys", I asked. "Barely at some point", said père Pierre. "It's fun with us, we're fun fathers", said dad Daniel. "Well, that's true", I sighed.

A week passed by, I've been going to physiotherapist, I couldn't quite walk yet, but I had crutches for that. "So, Flora, today is the day, you get to go home", told the doctor to me. "Great, it was nice seeing you though, see you probably next year again", I said. He was my regular doctor because I needed to go to the hospital a lot. "Yeah, see you in a year, I place my bet on less", he said walking out. I put a little smile on my face. I got dressed and took my crutches. "Your other fathers are waiting downstairs", said dad Lando who was helping me walk. He wasn't really helping, I was refusing to get his help. "Let me help you, even a snail can go faster", he said afterwards. "No, I've got this", I answered. I had to speed up. So, I did. "Do not force yourself", said dad. "I'm not doing that dad, stop worrying", I answered. We got outside and the media was waiting. "Well, please say the car is nearby", I asked dad. "Sorry, we went to stop by the shop, we saw something nice", said my fathers arriving behind us. "The car is in fact not nearby", told dad. "You wait here, I'll get the car for me, you, and some other people, I don't care, we've got two cars", said père Charles. Dad Daniel followed too because he was also driving. After a while two cars showed up and I got in the one from père. We drove back home and père helped me out of the car. He opened the door and I went in behind him. "How are you doing, sweetie?", asked Kika walking to me and putting her hands on my cheeks. "I'm fine", I answered. "Dude, that scared the hell out of me", said Fabian running downstairs and he hugged me. I let my crutches drop because of the impact. Fabian kept holding me so I didn't fall. "Yeah, I was pretty shook when I saw the crash", I answered. He helped me to the couch. "Floraaa", I heard someone yell. The twins came downstairs and jumped on me. I laughed. "Hey guysss", I told them. "Alright, give your sister some space", I heard papa say. They sat behind me and I sat straight. I saw papa walking upstairs. My fathers were talking with the women. "Do you think that it'll ever get good between you and papa?", asked P. "Yeah, I'm sure it is going to be fine, it's just a little, tense", I replied to her. I talked a bit with my siblings on the couch and the adults were talking with each other. "School has just started and I'm really getting tired of it already", said P to us. "You'll make it through, isn't it your second to last schoolyear?", I asked. "Yeah, and then college", she said. "You'll make it, what are you thinking of doing?", I asked. "I actually have no idea", she answered. I just laughed a bit. I suddenly got called. 

"Hey, who am I speaking with?", I asked. "Hey Flora", I heard. "Hey Ivan, checking up on me?", I asked smiling. "No, but how are you?", he asked. I felt Fabian tapping on my shoulder and asking what's up. I made a signal that he had to rub it off, I was fine. "I'm fine, walking is a bit of a struggle, but I'll manage", I answered. "Alright, you need to come to Prague, like ASAP", he said worried. "Why? Where?", I asked. "You know where our main base is, and, erm, the boss is on his deathbed, he's dying, he needs to talk to you before he dies", told Ivan. "Alright, good for him", I answered. "Flora, you're being assigned as the new leader, you need to get your ass down here", he answered. "Hold on, let me call you back, I'm changing rooms", I answered. "Yeah, sure", he answered. I put my phone away and took my crutches. "What'd he say?", asked Fabian. "Oh nothing, just something about Matthias that you can't know because it's personal", I lied. "Yeah, he begging for you?", asked P. "P, fuck you", I said jokingly and laughed. She laughed with me. "Where you going?", asked dad Lewis. "To my room, I'm going to call, Matthias", I answered. "Oh, yeah, bye", said père Charles. I went upstairs and closed the door of my room. I called Ivan back and he immediately answered. "So, I need to be able to walk, how much time has he got?", I asked. "A week, at tops", answered Ivan. "Give me 3 days, and I'll be there", I answered. "Alright, just come as soon as possible", he answered. "Yeah, sure", I answered. Ivan hung up. Me, a mafia leader? Shit. Nobody could know about it. I put my hands on my face and let me fall back on my bed. I heard knocking. "In", I answered. Papa opened the room. "Kelly told me to say that dinner is ready", informed papa to me. "Yeah, sure, I'll be there as soon as possible", I answered. I slowly went downstairs. I didn't have my crutches so I leaned a bit on the furniture. I sat down on my regular place and papa decided to sit in front of me. Why? I filled my plate and started eating.

"What's up, you're not really here with your mind?", asked papa. The rest wasn't listening to us. "Erm, nothing", I answered. "You haven't stopped checking your phone", replied papa pointing to my phone. "It's, just, I'm supposed to get a message from my team any moment", I answered him. "Alright", he said not going further into it. When everything was done I got a phone call. I recognized the number and picked it up. "What do you want?", I asked. Papa looked up to me. "Hey, it's the boss, Juraj", I heard. "Yeah, I know", I answered. "Alright, did Ivan already call you?", asked Juraj. "Yes, he did", I replied. "Alright, erm, I want to say the word that you need to say in order to come in the building", told the boss. "It's me, I'm sure they're going let me in", I said silent to make sure papa didn't hear it. "Yeah, but they may take you in, aggressively, erm, the code is 0709", told the boss. "Those numbers are familiar", I said smirking. "Yeah, well, your mother chose the numbers, it was also her birthday in the 7th of September", told the boss. "Talk to you soon", I replied and I hang up. Papa stared into my deep soul. "What?", I asked. "Nothing, no, I know you're not going to tell me anyway", told papa. "Nope, I won't", I answered. "Tell what?", asked dad Lando. The others must have heard it too. "Nothing", I said aiming my head down. "Tohle je podruhé za tři čtvrtě hodiny, co ti volali, v mafii se něco děje, že? (This is the second time in three quarters of an hour that you've gotten a call. Something's going on in the Mafia, isn't it?)", told Fabien putting his utensils down. "No, it's nothing", I answered. "Flora?", asked papa. "I mean it, there is absolutely nothing", I lied again. "I think I heard mafia in the sentence that Fabian said", said père Charles. "Yeah, but it has nothing to do with it", I answered. Nobody believed me, and I didn't want to tell them, not until I'm sure what's going to happen. I just went upstairs and snuck out and tried to get to my power as soon as possible. I came to a big rock and sat on it, it had the most beautiful view ever. It was already dark, I was looking at the half-full moon, and all the stars surrounding. My legs were not working along, but I was forcing them to. "Well, there you are, everyone thinks that you're sleeping, you know", I heard papa telling me. "Well, congratulations, you found me", I told him. He sat down next to me and handed me a beer. I looked at him and took the beer. "Why are you here?", he asked before taking a sip. I took a sip too. "Getting to my powers, I want to be able to walk by tomorrow, and I did it, I'm just enjoying the view", I explained him. "You can already walk, you just can't from the doctor", told papa. "That's true", I said taking another sip. "Why do you need to be able to walk so soon, you've got another big month until you can race again", asked papa. "Want to go on a road trip? You're suspended from the Austin race anyway", I told him. "How did you know that?", he asked. "They sent me an e-mail about it because it's about my crash, so yeah", I answered. "Why a road trip?", asked papa. I need to go to Prague. "Aren't you fascinated by the fauna and flora around the whole world? I am, and now that I can't race, why not take the time?", I asked. "Yeah, sure, let's just tell your fathers", told papa taking his phone. "Why? They don't need to know everything, I heard they're all gone tomorrow, we can leave then", I told him. "Alright, and then you wonder why we're worried about you, you just do weird shit", he said. We clinked our beer bottles and continued drinking it. Now, just a road trip to do. And a mafia leader to become. Great.