Part 30: Happy birthday!

Flora Formula

7 September 2024

I woke up and looked at some possible places to find my family. I realized that it was already 10 am. I honestly didn't care, but I decided to go downstairs. "Happy birthday!", said grandpa hugging me. Yeah, very happy. "Thanks", I said putting on a fake smile. "Happy birthday sweetie", said aunt. "Thanks", I replied again. "Where's my birthday twin?", I heard someone ask. I went to the living room. "Happy birthday", I said smiling. "You too", he said as he jumped on me for a hug. "We're sixteen, sneak out to Belgium tonight?", whispered Jack to me. "Fine, can't wait", I whispered back. He let me go. "Come on, breakfast", said aunt putting the last stuff on the table. Me and Jack went to the table. My phone was blowing up. I just put it on silent and started breakfast. "So? Any plans?", asked grandpa to me. Looking where my family is. "Can we go to the city?", asked Jack. "Good for me, babe?", replied aunt. "Yeah, all good for me.", said grandpa. Me and Jack smiled at me. "Watch out for paparazzi and don't do anything stupid, and be safe", said grandpa to us. "We will", I said. I finished my breakfast. I heard knocking on the door. "I'll get that", I said standing up. I walked to the door. I couldn't believe my eyes. Matthias. "Hey, erm, happy birthday", said Matthias. "You know my birthday?", I asked. "Yeah, I have a gift for you, and dushbag in there.", said Matthias handing me two gifts. "Thanks", I said. "Hey, erm, me and Jack are sneaking off to Belgium, just for your information", I said. "I'll wait at the gate", said Matthias smiling. "We'll be down there in an hour maybe?", I asked. "Good for me", said Matthias. "Alright, see you", I said. "Bye", he said as he walked away. I closed the door and went back inside. "Who was that?", asked grandpa. "Matthias", I said looking which gift is for who. Well, on one of them there was 'dushbag' and on the other just my name. So yeah, not so hard. I gave Jack his gift. "Seriously?", he asked as he looked at the name on his gift. "I guess the hate relationship goes both ways", I said. "Haha", he said sarcastically. We opened the gift. "Holy shit!", yelled Jack. "What'd you get?", asked grandpa. "He got me the freaking PlayStation 5 with FC24 and F1 23.", said Jack. "No way", said grandpa. He looked at it. "What did you get?", asked aunt. "I'm not going to tell anyone, it's a thing between me and Matthias, but I'm very happy with it", I said. I got some self-protection stuff and other props, but that wasn't the best. He gave me all the bases of Los vendettas in Mexico, and the one were they probably were, had a red circle around them. "A thing?", asked grandpa. "Yes, a thing", I said. "Let's get ready", I said to Jack. I went upstairs. I got ready. "How are we going to smuggle out our bags?", asked Jack. "Bring your bag here", I said. He did as I said and in the meantime, I texted Matthias. Jack came back and I opened the window. I saw Matthias standing below it. "Give your bag", I said. Jack gave me his bag and let it drop. Matthias caught the bag and I did the same with mine. "Is he going with us?", asked Jack. "Yep, protection", I said. "Or just love", said Jack. I pushed Jack against his shoulder. "Fuck off", I said. We went downstairs. "Mom, dad, we're to the city", said Jack. "Have fun", said aunt. We went outside and walked to Matthias. "So, plans?", asked Matthias. "Stay in this city and go to Belgium tonight, the paparazzi will see us, tonight it will be less.", said Jack. "Alright", I said. We walked to the city and talked for a bit. 

We entered a store and looked around a bit. "Flora, check this out", said Jack. It were matching clothes. "It looks very nice", I said. "It does, doesn't it", said Jack. "Let's just buy it", said Jack taking it of the shelf. We looked further and paid for the stuff that we wanted to buy. When we came out of the store, some fans came up to us. "Jack, Flora, can we have a picture?", asked the fan to me and Jack. "Yeah sure, my other friend here can take the picture", I said. "Alright", said the fan shoving her phone in Matthias his chest. Me, Jack and all the fans gathered and posed for the picture. Matthias took the picture and gave the phone back. We walked further and visited almost every shop. "Hey, we need to get in this shop too", I said. "A glasses shop?", asked Matthias. "Yeah, your father took Fabien to the eye doctor, they were supposed to get the glasses yesterday, so, I'll just pick it up now", I said. Fabien needed glasses because his sight wasn't as good as normal. Normally père Charles was going to take him, but yeah. "Alright", said Jack. We walked in the shop and went to the desk. "Hello, how can I help you?", asked the lady behind the desk. "Erm, we were supposed to get some glasses yesterday but couldn't make it", I said. "Alright, for who?", asked the lady. "For Fabien Formula, he's not here though", I said. "That's completely fine, just let us know how the glasses are", said the lady. I smiled at her and watched her leave to another room. "He needs glasses?", asked Matthias. "Yes, even though you torture children, you should get them checked out", I said. "I never tortured him", said Matthias. "So, here are the glasses", I heard. I turned back around and saw her holding a glasses box. She opened the box and I saw his glasses and a napkin. "Alright, thank you so much", I said. I paid and we left the shop. "Now we just have to find him", I said. "We'll find them", said Jack. We continued until around 2pm. "So, we're going to go to Belgium now", said Belgium. We took our bags and went to the train. 

"So from London to France, and then to Belgium", I said. "Yep, long trip ahead.", said Jack. "Which city?", asked Matthias. "Just do Brussels", said Jack. I agreed and we went on the Eurostar. "I need to change to party clothes, I'll be at the toilet fast", I said to the boys. They both nodded and I went to the toilet. I changed myself and did my make-up. I looked at the places that Matthias had given me of where my family could be. I saw the box of Fabien his glasses lying in my purse. I opened the box and looked at the glasses. I miss him, I really miss him. I heard that we were almost there so I put everything away and went back to the boys.

 I heard that we were almost there so I put everything away and went back to the boys

"Damn, Flora, looking stunning", I heard Jack say. "Thank you", I said. I saw Matthias staring at me. "You look absolutely amazing", he said. "Thanks", I said smiling. I sat back on my seat and waited for the train to arrive. My phone rang. "Why is grandpa calling me?", I asked. "Shit!", said Jack. "Hey grandpa", I said in a soft voice. "Seriously, you guys snuck out to Belgium?", he asked. "How'd you know?", I asked. "Paparazzi spotted you guys walking on the Eurostar", said grandpa. "Paparazzi spotted us", I said to Jack. He sighed. "Please, grandpa", I said. "One time, but you better not end up dead, drunk, or kidnapped. Keep it calm", said grandpa. He hung up. "Damn", I said. "What did he say?", asked Jack. ""We can stay here, but we can't end up dead, drunk, or kidnapped", I said to Jack. "Damn", he said. I didn't think that I would actually pull this off. We went off the train and left for a club that Jack knew off.