Part 38:Opportunities

Flora Formula

28 February 2025

Media day on Wednesdays, ugh. Because of the Ramadan the days are shifted a little bit and the race will be on a Saturday. "So, excited?", asked dad Lando. He was in my room while I was getting ready. "Yeah, I am, can't wait to get in the car", I replied. "That's only tomorrow, first, you have to survive this day. Especially you because you're a woman, girl actually, you're underage, your first ride in the F1 was a win, so they expect a lot, and, everyone on the grid is family, and almost half are your fathers", explained dad. "Yeah, that's going to be a major rollercoaster", I said. I put on a hat. "I'm ready", I said. "Alright, let's leave", said dad. "And my other fathers?", I asked. "They're downstairs, they want to enter the paddock as a family", said dad. "Alright, let's go downstairs", I said.

"Finally", said papa. "I'm on time", I said. "Yeah, it's better that we're early because of the fans that are going to want an autograph.", said papa. We went outside and to the track. I stepped out of the car and waited for the other car to arrive. Once we were all here we made our way to the entrance. "This is the first time you'll enter the paddock as a formula 1 driver", told dad Lando to me. "I know", I replied. Once we got through everyone wanted a signature. It took us about 5 minutes and we had to continue or we would be late. "We couldn't to the group photograph during testing, so we have to do it now, you have to be on track in 10 minutes", said a FIA member when he walked past. My building was first. "Bye", I said. "Bye", they all said as I walked inside. "My teammate, hello I'm Zhou Guanyou, I'll be your teammate", said uncle Zhou jokingly. "Well, I'm Flora Formula", I replied laughing. "Really? I did not know that!", he replied laughing. "Alright, guys, get ready", said Aluni. I got to my room and saw all my clothes. Wow, it's a dream that's coming true. I'm proud as a woman-, girl to show that our gender can make it too. I put on my race suit, shoes and took my helmet. I of course braided my hair. I got outside and saw uncle Zhou, uncle Logan, and uncle Oscar waiting for me. They were ready. "What are y'all doing here?", I asked. "We're guiding you to the race track, can't we be with our favourite niece?", asked uncle Logan. "Thanks", I said. "So, how about, we be gentle against each other?", asked uncle Zhou. I smirked. "Me and Flora will be way up, you fight against each other", said uncle Oscar. "You're not sure about that! I'm not that good", I replied. "Yes you are", said uncle Oscar. "You literally already won a grand-prix", said uncle Logan. "Lucky, and it's a good track", I said. "Lucky my ass", replied uncle Zhou. We crawled through the hole in the fence to get to the location of the photos. "We're the first ones", said uncle Logan. That's actually a surprise. "That suit looks good", I heard someone say from behind. "Thanks", said uncle Zhou jokingly. I saw père Pierre laughing. "Merci père", I said.

"Alright, everyone is here, your name is on the place where you need to stand", said the photographer. I was between uncle Nico and uncle Zhou. We had to put our hands behind our back and look directly at the camera. I did as they said and a couple photos were taken. Once the photos were done, I changed back and went to a meeting. Nothing to exciting, just car stuff.

"We'll start with Yuki, what have you done over the winter break?", asked the interviewer. I was in a drivers conference together with, uncle Yuki, papa, père Charles, and me of course. "Just a little trip around Asia, and skiing", answered uncle. "Alright, with who did you go skiing?", asked the interviewer. "Family and friends", answered uncle. Short answers for the short king, love it. "Alright, Max, what have you done over the break, it's probably the same as Charles and Flora", said the interviewer. "Well, the problem was of course that we were with 8 drivers, so a lot of meetings, trainings, and our girlfriends of course also had to do stuff, so there wasn't much that we could do. But when we were all together, we would take it as a benefit, like taking the kids to an amusement park, and we also took Flora to a city trip in her birth country, and we of course also enjoyed staying at home with each other. But a big trip wasn't in for us because there was always someone who had to train or do sponsorship stuff", answered papa. "Is there anyone in your family who went on a real vacation?", asked the interviewer. "Yeah, I went a week skiing with uncle Mick, grandpa Seb and my brother Fabian", I told him. "Did you enjoy it?", asked the interviewer. "Yeah, I really enjoyed it, it's always nice to spend some time with family in the outside world", I said. "And you Charles?", asked the interviewer. "Well, I technically went to Italy a week for work duties, but I had a day off where I visited the city with Carlos", told père. "Alright, Yuki, how do you feel about the car?", asked the interviewer starting with uncle Yuki. "Yeah, great, I know how the car works and I can't wait to take it into the race", said uncle Yuki. "Do you think that you can earn some points?", asked the interviewer. "Maybe, I hope so, we can never know until we have actually done the first race", said uncle Yuki. "And you, Max, do you think that you will get another championship?", asked the interviewer to papa. "Yeah, I'm always aiming for it, although it might get a little tougher now, but I think the team, and the car are in a good position to win both championships", answered papa. "And you Charles, we know there have been problems with the car previous season", told the interviewer. Père tried to talk but his microphone didn't work anymore, he must have broken it. I held my microphone closer to his face and he started talking again. "Yeah, we're always working on making the car better, and better. I think we could go for a p2 in the constructors championship, but I think Max and Flora are a little too good to be aiming for the drivers' championship", replied père. Why does everyone think that I'll be good. "And you Flora?", asked the interviewer. I moved the microphone back to me. "I think that I can get some good points this season, but yeah, you can never really predict it before the first race, especially if you're a rookie", I told the interviewer. "Okay, that's everything, thank you for coming", thanked the interviewer. I stood up and walked away with my fathers.

The rest of the day was a bit the same, a meeting, and I left back to the hotel. Can't wait for tomorrow.