Part 41:We need to talk

Flora Formula

Saudi-Arabia

Flora-P1

Max-P2

Australia

Flora-p1

Max-P4

Japan

Flora-DNF

Max-DNF

I was walking back from the interviews, I was mad. It got a little heated with me and papa. We were battling for the championship, and it was bad. In the desperate of getting that first place, we both made a dumb mistake, causing us to run into each other. It was all black for a moment, but it got better and I left the car. I got to my room and kicked against my bed. "Flora", I heard someone say. Grandpa Jos stood in the driveway. "Not now, grandpa", I said. He raised his fists and hit me on the side of my head. I fell down and everything went black. What on earth is happening?

Max Verstappen

I was in my room when dad came in. "Dad, I'm not in the mood", I said. "I have a present for you, boy", said dad? What? Him? A present? After a bad race? "But you have to sleep for a bit", told dad afterwards. "What?", I asked. Before I knew I felt a big impact on my side and my vision went black. What did dad do?

I grunted as I woke up. I was lying in a bed upstairs. There was a letter on the table and I squeezed my eyes for a bit. My vision wasn't completely back. It's all very blurry. I rubbed in my eyes and took the letter.

Dear son

I figured, after the race, you would like to talk to Flora, clear things up. So, that's my gift. She's downstairs, if you immediately release her, your choice, I really don't care. But, remember, this could be in your advantage to have her with you for 2 weeks

From your dad

What did he mean, with she's downstairs, releasing, and in my advantage? I got out of the bed. I opened the door and went down the stairs. I saw her sitting against a wall, she was passed out. Her hands were tied against the wall. I stood up, walked to the kitchen and saw a key. There was a note attached to it. Flora. I could release her. No, I need to talk to her, without her murdering me. There was also a map and my phone. I looked and it seemed like we were in Palou. At least, a small remote island. I looked outside and all I saw were trees. No one was going to find us. My phone rang. "Charles", I said. "Where are you and Flora?", asked Charles. I couldn't tell him. "On a vacation, in erm, Malaysia", I lied. It was close enough. "Alright, let us know when you're going to be back", said Charles. "Erm, we'll see each other in China", I replied. "Sure, see you, have fun", said Charles hanging up. Why did he fall for it so fast? I heard some grunting in the living room. I took some water and left to the living room. "Papa?", asked Flora. "Hey", I said. "What the hell is this?", she asked. "We need to talk", I said sitting down. "What? You have me tied up, for a freaking talk? I'm your daughter!", she said. "Yeah, my evil, daughter who has murdered someone?", I asked. She was pissed. Was this good? Probably not. But, I really wanted to talk. "Release me", she ordered. I couldn't stand the look in her eyes. Fuck, what was I doing? I looked away. "No, I can't", I said. "Is someone losing his championship?", she asked. I felt furious about that. "It's not about the championship", I said. She didn't say anything anymore, she was probably to pissed. My phone rang again. I picked up and went back to the living room. "Charles, what's wrong? Me and Flora are on a tour", I said. She looked even angrier at me. She tried to release herself, but wasn't able to. "What's that sound?", asked Charles. "Erm, nothing, just busy city life", I improvised. "Alright, you're on speaker, could we talk to her?", asked Charles. "Erm, yeah, sure", I said. I muted ourselves. "It's you choice to tell them, but think about what will happen with me if you tell him", I said to her. I knew that family has a weak spot in her heart. "Yes?", she asked once I put the phone to her ears. "Yeah, I'm fine, me and papa talked it out, he said that we needed a break from the heat, and tension.", she said. I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes at me. "Yeah, bye, see you", she replied. I took the phone away and put it back to my ear. "It's me again", I said walking to the kitchen. I ended the conversation and hung up. "It's getting late, what do you want for dinner?", I asked. "Fuck off", she said. "Alright, I guess I'm choosing", I replied. I prepared dinner. It wasn't the best because there wasn't much. I ate some of it, and filled a new plate and went back to Flora. I sat next to her. "Dinner?", I asked. She didn't respond or make eye contact. "Well, you see, you've been lying to us your entire life", I started. "And, I just want to know what else you haven't said to us, so, as long as you don't say it, we're not going anywhere", I continued. "And it's killing me to see you like this, this is for your own good, you need to tell us stuff and if you're angry at me, I don't care, as long as you're safe and happy", I said. She scoffed as soon as those words left my mouth. "You don't have to like it, sometimes fathers need to go as far as this", I said. "Heck of a father", she mumbled. I didn't respond to it. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but she didn't leave me a choice.

Flora Formula

I can't believe this. Asshole. He left me here to go on his phone on the couch. It's my biggest fear! And he knew it. I was looking at his unfocused eyes as I was tied to a wall. And he calls himself a father. He's very much like a father at the moment. Although I severely hated him. I can't sleep without someone I know with me if I'm tied to something, kidnapped. "Papa?", I asked. "Yeah?", he looks surprised that I said something. "Can you sleep with me?", I asked. "Yeah, sure, it's the least I can do", he said. "This doesn't mean that I don't hate you, I just want to get some sleep", I explained in a cold voice. "Sure", he said. He took some stuff and sat next to me. I placed my head on his shoulders and I tried to fall asleep. I hate him so much, but I feel safe when touch him. I know, I'm a very confusing person.