Part 18:She can sing

Flora Formula

We went back to the hotel. I don't know why, but the drivers rented a hall next to the track, probably to catch up. I arrived at the hall. Everyone was already there. "I didn't think you would come.", said uncle Kevin. "My fathers made me.", I said. So now I was with 20 idiots, great. They talked a bit with each other about the race. I was sitting at a round table with some of the drivers. "So, Charles, people have been asking for your piano songs.", said uncle Valterri. "I'm a little busy, but I'm working on a new one.", said père Charles. "And, they're not even good enough.", said père Charles. "You're kidding me right? They're perfect. I have them on my own playlist.", said uncle Nico. "Come on, there's a piano over there, play what you have for the moment.", said uncle Oscar. "Fine.", said père Charles. We all walked over to the piano. Père Charles started playing. I closed my eyes, I tried to relax my mind. After two minutes, père Charles stopped playing. Everyone clapped. "See, absolutely amazing.", said uncle Valterri. "Yeah, maybe.", said père Charles. "Stop being so hard on yourself. You play good, we hear it at home all the time.", said papa. "We have a piano at home?!", I asked. "Yeah, in Charles his room. He bought it.", said dad Daniel. "Flora, can you play? I mean, he is your father after all.", said uncle Zhou. "Alright, what do you want to hear?", I said as I sat next to dad. It was kind of a bench. "Your number one on your playlist at the moment.", said uncle Logan. I took out my phone and went to Spotify. If I would have known. This is not a song that I would want everything to hear, but I was going to play it anyway. I put my phone away. "You can play the piano?", asked père Charles. He was still next to me. "Yes.", I said. I took a deep breath and started playing.

---------Play this for the ultimate experience. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with the story. -----------

Lando Norris

She started playing. I didn't know she could play. I saw her hands moving from tile to tile. It was all smooth. I loved it. I never knew she could play. That's another thing she can do better than me, playing the piano. Then she started singing. God, her voice, it was, stunning. But the song, was that really her number one song? Of course it is, we forgot about her. I never asked how she was, I never asked her after Isa and Luisa died. Crap, am I a bad father? Carlos stood next to me. I looked at him, he looked at me too. "Luisa and Isa.", he whispered in my ears. I nodded. Damnit, how haven't we noticed! We should have asked her, we should have. How did we not! Crap! I'm such a bad father. How did we not notice? I think we were so caught up by her being alive than her mental health being alive. It's last year Baku all over again. But this time, we would keep a closer eye on her. Then the painful lyrics started. I couldn't get it out of my head.

If I would have known, that you wouldn't be here anymore.

I would have made the moments last a little longer

Cause now I'm alone

And you're just a memory in my mind

I would have given anything to say goodbye

If I would have known

She never got to say goodbye. We completely forgot. "She never got to say goodbye.", I whispered to Carlos. His look when he realized. God I felt so guilty. I looked down. I was trying to keep in the tears. We never noticed. God. I could feel like tearing me apart right now. Carlos put his hand on my shoulder. "I know we weren't together anymore, but it still hurts.", I whispered to him. "I know, me too.", whispered Carlos. Suddenly Max looked at us with open mouth. He said something with his lips. Isa and Luisa? I nodded. Daniel held a hand before his mouth. We all realized that we should have known. Lewis and Pierre were talking with each other too. God, the look on our faces. She was still playing. She kept going. I hate myself for forgetting about it. How could I? How could I? God damnit! You're such a bad father! I can't do anything right for her. Crap, I'm not worthy of her, she doesn't deserve me. Nobody deserves me. Maybe, I should go? Leave earth? No, I can't do that to her. I can't. I can't, but maybe she would be better of without me.

---------The song ends here! You can keep playing it if you would like so.-----------

Flora Formula

"Damn, she can sing, it was amazing.", said uncle Oscar. Everyone was shocked. Père Charles touched my back and started rubbing it. I think he noticed the meaning behind the song. "How are you holding up? After Luisa and Isa their deaths? I'm sorry we didn't ask you before.", said dad Lando. Crap, they knew why it was my number one song. "I'm fine, and it's fine.", I said. "No, it's not.", whispered père Charles to me. "Anyone else want to play?", I asked. "Nobody knows how to play the piano.", said uncle Checo. I stood up. We finished the 'party' until about 11 p.m.

27 July 2024

I woke up to my alarm. I got ready and went downstairs. "Hey, you fine?", asked dad Lewis. "I'm fine.", I said. "You should have told us that we didn't ask you about, it.", said dad. "Why? It's fine? I can handle things.", I said. "Yeah, but they were almost a mother figure for you.", said dad sitting next to me. "I, know. I just. They died because of me, they could have lived a good life. And I ruined it.", I said. My eyes were starting to tear up. "Hey, no, don't think about that.", said dad. Dad hugged me. "They died in pain, dad.", I said. I couldn't say anything anymore. "I'm sure they would have wanted to die for you.", he said after a while. "But, I didn't want them to die. I didn't want to lose them. I never even got to say goodbye. I, I. I really didn't want them to go.", I said. "I know, I know.", said dad. "And now, they're gone, and they didn't have a peaceful death.", I said. I didn't want to say anything, dad kept me close to him. "Hey, come on, let's go to your room.", said dad. We walked to my room.

Lewis Hamilton

We arrived in her room. "Flora, you can break down now, nobody will see you.", I said. She immediately started crying. She let herself drop against her wall. My eyes started getting wetter because my daughter was falling apart. And I couldn't do anything about it. I crouched down next to her. She was holding her head between her knees. "Dad, I really didn't want them to go. And now they're gone. I-, why does it always happen to us?", she asked. "I don't know, you're special.", I said. "I don't want to be special anymore, I've had it. There's always someone that dies or gets hurt. And they always say that they're fine, but it's impossible to heal. I still have nightmares from what happened from when I was twelve. Everyone is going, but I don't want them to go. I want to keep them close to me!", she said. She finally broke down. I sat down next to her and took her hand. "Everyone's dying, and I want it to stop!", she said. "I know darling, I know.", I said as I took her hand. She kept crying. I held her as tight as possible. "You're alright, it will be alright.", I said as I kept comforting her.