Part 7:They're dead

Flora Formula

13 may 2024

For a year they kept living with each other. Each birthday was celebrated big, and they didn't stop searching for a way out.

I woke up to Matthias being downstairs. Ivan and dad were there too. My brothers weren't awake yet. "What's up?", I asked. "We have to tell you something.", said dad. "What is it?", I asked. "Los Vendettas know that you might be alive, so they're doing everything in their power to find you.", said dad. "Yeah, we're safe, right?", I asked. "Yeah, but other people aren't, Ivan just found out that, at the beginning of the week, somebody gets kidnapped. And on Sunday, they're found. Dead.", said dad. "Who?", I asked. "So far, Luisa and Isa. There hasn't been somebody kidnapped yet.", said dad. "What, no.", I said. Dad hugged me. "I guess it's our time to go.", said Ivan giving a signal to Matthias. They both left. "I'm sorry Flora.", said dad. "They haven't even been with us lately.", I said crying. "I know, I know.", I said. After I calmed down, I sat on the couch and looked some tv. I looked at the news and saw something that I couldn't accept. "No no no no.", I said. "What?", asked dad. "The next victim, it's padre.", I said. "What? No no no.", said dad going to the tv. "Shit.", said dad. "No, I'm going to my room. I need to be alone.", I said. I ran to my room. "Why? Why?", I said to myself. I climbed out of the house to get some air without my father knowing. "Flora? What are you doing?", asked Fabien. I looked if dad was there. "Did dad hear you?", I asked. "No, he's in the bathroom.", said Fabien. "What are you doing outside?", I asked. "Taking some air, you?", asked Fabien. "Yeah, same, but dad can't know, he'll think I will ran away.", I said. We heard some loud noises from inside. Me and Fabien ran inside. "There she is, take her!", I heard someone yell at me. "Flora, Fabien, run!", yelled Dad. Dad was pinned to the ground. Me and Fabien started running. After a while we hid. "What about Diego, and Dre?", asked Fabien. "Damnit, we're going back, be quiet, we can climb through the window of my room.", I said. We ran back home. I helped Fabien climb on the wall. We opened the door and made sure nobody saw us. I heard some voices downstairs. I stared from the top of the stairs. They couldn't see us, they were faced with their backs to us. Dad, Ivan, and Matthias were on their knees. "Where are they?", asked someone. The three of them didn't say anything. He hit dad in the face with a gun. Fabien pulled me back. He shook his head. We searched for the twins. I went to their room. I checked everywhere. I opened the closet just to be sure. I saw them hiding. I put my finger in front of my lips. They both hugged me. We climbed out of their window, and ran to the boat. "Fuck.", I said. "We need to go.", said Fabien. "What about dad?", asked Diego. "We can't leave him behind.", said Dre. "We have to, he would want us to do this.", I said. We went on the boat and started sailing. "No, we can't leave dad behind!", said Diego. "We don't have another choice.", said Fabien. "What are we going to do when we're on the coast?", asked Dre. "First, I'm dropping you guys off with our other fathers, and then I'm saving padre, dad, Ivan, and Matthias from them.", I said. "You can't drop us off.", said Fabien. "Well, do you want to go with me?", I asked. "Yes.", said Dre. "What, no! I'm not letting you guys risk your lives.", I said. "We don't care, we want to stay with you.", said Diego. "You can't.", I said. "Please.", said Dre. "No, and besides, little family moment for you guys.", I said. "Flora...", said Fabien. "Please, do it for me, for dad.", I said. "Fine, but please, be careful", said Fabien. "Yes, I will, I promise.", I said. We arrived back at the coast. "Alright, all we need now, is a plane, to go to Monaco.", I said. I asked a woman from the village where the closest airport is. She offered me a ride, but I said that we could walk. We walked for three hours to the airport.

"Where to?", asked the lady on the reception. "Erm, Monaco.", I said. "Do you have a supervisor?", asked the lady. "No.", I said. "Alright, do you have money?", asked the lady. I had my credit card with me, I don't know how, but I had it with me. I paid and we waited for the airplane. I brought them to a store. "Snacks?", I asked them. They each took a snack and we went to the airplane. We sat all on the same row, but with a opening between. The three of them hadn't gone on a plane yet. I comforted them the whole time. When we landed, the nerves started to kick in. "Oh no, oh no.", I said. "Relax, we'll go, just show us the house, and we'll knock and introduce ourselves.", said Fabien. "Alright, I'm sorry .", I said. "No problem.", the three of them said. We went to Monaco. I saw my house. I was wearing a hood. The media couldn't see me. Oh my god. "I'm so sorry that I'm leaving you behind.", I said. "It's fine, go hide.", said Fabien. He was holding the hands of the twins. I hid on the corner. I heard Fabien knocking. Once they went inside, I left to save padre. Until I stumbled on someone. "Matthias? I thought you were taken?", I asked. "I was, Ivan, and Daniel fought back to make sure I get to you guys.", he said. I hugged him. "What are you going to do?", asked Matthias. "We're going to Mexico to save dad and Ivan.", I said. I bought a plane ticket to Mexico, and we left.