Part 25: They're not here

Flora Formula

"Are you fine?", asked Matthias looking at my bloody arm. "Yeah, they just cut me, as a message, I wasn't awake.", I said. "Alright.", he said. "So what now?", asked Diego. "Well, they're probably in Mexico, I can get them back.", I said. "No, they're not there.", said Matthias. "How do you know?", asked Penelope. "Because when we rescued Flora, we managed to get the entire building. So we're in control over that building, they're somewhere else.", said Matthias. "Fuck.", I said. "There must be something what we can do, and where are we going to stay? We can't go back to Monaco.", said Penelope. "We're not safe anywhere, but there is a reason that we're still here. They could have easily taken us, but instead they chose to take my fathers.", I said. "Have you said the police?", asked Diego. "We can't, there could be people from los Vendettas working for the police, and by the way, they can't do anything anyways.", said Matthias. "Yeah.", I said. Jack called me. "Hey.", I said trying to make sure he doesn't find out. "Hey, is Penelope with you, she's not answering to me.", said Jack. "Yes, she is, but she isn't able to come on the phone right now.", I said. "Yeah dad!", I heard Jack yelling to his father. "Dad asks why uncle Lewis isn't answering.", asked Jack. "Yeah, about that, can you give your father?", I asked. "Hey, can you go get the boys some snacks?", I asked to Matthias. "Fine, come on, Penelope, you too.", said Matthias. They went away. "Hey, why is your dad not answering?", asked grandpa Toto. "Yeah, erm, about that.", I said. "What the hell happened now?", asked grandpa Toto. "They took all my fathers, and their girlfriends.", I said. "What? Who the hell is looking out for you now?", asked grandpa Toto. "Nobody, and we can't have anybody, they'll just get hurt.", I said. "That doesn't matter! You're a bunch of kids, the hell! Where are you going to sleep?", he asked. "I don't know yet, and, I'll figure it out!", I said. "Be back in the paddock in two hours, there will be a team principal meeting, you can tell the other team principals that their freaking drivers are gone!", said grandpa Toto. "Fine, we'll be there, this doesn't go outside the meeting.", I said. "Fine.", said grandpa. I went to the store and saw everyone eating a snack. "Come on, we're going back to the paddock, our grandfathers will be there.", I said. "Alright.", said Diego. They already walked away. Me and Matthias came a bit behind. "How you holding up?", he asked. "I'm fine.", I said. "That is so not true.", he said smiling. "Maybe it isn't, but, yeah, whatever.", I said. "I'm here for you.", said Matthias. He's here for me? Wow. Matthias, emotionless Matthias? Is here for me? Matthias, you just made me fall harder. "Thanks.", I said. We walked to the train station and went back to the paddock. Jack came walking. "I'm going to the meeting.", I said to Penelope walking in the building. I could see Jack hugging Penelope in the corner of my eyesight. I went upstairs to the meeting room. I knocked on the door. "In!", I heard. I opened the door. All the team principals were looking at me. "Flora? What are you doing here?", asked grandpa Zak. "Grandpa Toto, you wanted to speak with me?", I asked. "Are you alright?", asked grandpa Toto. My arm was still full of blood. "Yeah, yeah, it's fine.", I said. "What happened now?", asked grandpa Christian. Grandpa Toto signalled me to tell them. I closed the door behind me. "I woke up with a cut on my arm, and a note at the door with some blood. It turns out that they're back, and they kidnapped my fathers, and their girlfriends. My brothers and Penelope barely escaped, they're downstairs now.", I said. "What?", asked grandpa Fred. "Who's taking care of you?", asked grandpa Mike. "Nobody, and nobody needs to take care of us, you're just going to get hurt.", I said. "How are you going to take care of your siblings? Where are you going to sleep?", asked Bruno. He was the new team principal of Alpine. "Erm, we're still figuring that out.", I said. "Do you have any idea where your fathers are?", asked grandpa James. "No.", I said. "This meeting will be held another time, take your time.", said the boss of the FIA walking out. Suddenly the twins entered and ran to grandpa Christian and grandpa Toto. "Flora you can't take care of them.", said grandpa Christian. "I haven't got another choice!", I said. "Yes, you have.", said grandpa Zak. P, Jack, Fabien, and Matthias entered the room too. "How about you take care of my siblings, I'm going to try to get my family out as fast as possible.", I said. "No! You can't keep on saving them, you're still a kid.", said grandpa James. "It doesn't matter, I've gone through it all, I can handle it!", I said. "No, you can't, don't you think that we haven't noticed?", asked grandpa Christian. I sighed. "It doesn't matter, they're my family.", I said. "Yes, it does.", said grandpa Franz. "Flora, you can't do this on your own.", said P. "Yes, I can.", I said. "No.", said Jack. "Yes.", I said. "How are you even going to get there?", asked Matthias. "I don't know, I'm going to Mexico, to the base that you have taken over, and see if I can figure it out.", I said to Matthias. "No, no. No!", said grandpa Zak. "Then what the hell am I supposed to do?", I asked. "Nothing!", said grandpa Mike. "Flora, I'm holding your brother, he doesn't need you to leave, he needs his big sister to be here.", said grandpa Toto. "Then where are we going to stay, certainly not at your houses!", I said. "With me.", said grandpa Toto. "No, you'll just be risking your life.", I said. "I don't think he cares about that.", said Jack. "No, we can't.", I said. "Yes, Flora.", said grandpa Toto. "No! You could die! Jack could die! Aunt Suzie could die!", I said. Grandpa Toto sighed. "You're going with us, end of discussion.", said grandpa Toto. "Fine.", I said walking out. "Hey, Flora, stop.", said Matthias running behind me. "What?", I asked. "It will be better if you're with an adult.", said Matthias. "I'll be risking their lives.", I said. "Their choice.", said Matthias. "I don't want them to end up dead, I don't want my fathers to end up dead.", I said. "I know.", he said. He wasn't sure what to do. "Why were you walking to the exit? Were you going to go away?", he asked. "Maybe.", I said. "I'm sorry, but a maybe won' t count.", said Matthias. "Fine, I was going to.", I said sighing. "I know you were going to.", said Matthias. "Let's go.", said grandpa Toto. My siblings were there too. "Guess I'll see you soon.", said Matthias to me. "Yeah, see you soon.", I said. Can't you just stay here? Be with me? He walked away, I could see him walk away. I realized everyone else was already by the car. I walked to the parking lot too. Grandpa Toto had a big car, so that was good. We all fitted in, and we went to the airport. Once we arrived at his house, I went to sit alone.

"Hey, dinner is ready.", said grandpa. "Not hungry.", I said not making eye contact with him. I kept looking at the sky and the clouds. "Flora, you need to eat something.", said grandpa. "No, I'm not hungry.", I said. He sat next to me. I still didn't look away from the sky. "Hey, it will be fine.", said grandpa. "I know, but I want to make sure that it ends earlier. They can't go through this again.", I said. "I know, but you can't help them with an empty stomach.", said grandpa. I stood up. "You aren't going to help me anyways.", I said. "No, but you have to eat.", he said. I finally made eye contact with him. We walked inside. I sat down and ate dinner, I didn't talk a lot.