Part 37: Can I talk to you?

Flora Formula

6 December 2024

"Good luck with the race", I said to dad Lewis. I've good-lucked every father at this point now. "Thanks, don't do anything stupid while we're driving.", replied dad smiling. I smiled back. "I would never", I replied. They started to race, please, don't crash. Wait, I have one more stop to make.

"Uncle Valterri", I called his name. He was standing a bit against the wall. "Flora", he replied. "Good luck with your last race, I hope you enjoy it", I said. "I hope it will end good, I'm going to miss it", replied uncle Valterri. "Yeah, I hope you do", I said. I talked a bit further and left once he had to go. "Hey, Flora, before you go, can you talk to me after the race?", asked Aluni, he was the team principal of Alfa Romeo. "Yeah, sure, I'll be there", I replied. "Great, see you then", replied Aluni after he walked away. Weird, why would he want to talk to me?

"And the season ends with our champion of the world, Max Verstappen, winning the race, see you next year", the commentator said. I went to congratulate papa, even though I already did when he won it. This season, great, I missed half of the season, my whole family got kidnapped for two and a half months, really great. But, next season, can always be better. Oh, Aluni wanted to talk to me, that's right. I searched for him at the garage and saw him talking with uncle Valterri. "Hey, congrats with your p6", I told uncle Valterri. "Thanks", he replied. I let Aluni and uncle Valterri finish their conversation. "So, Flora", said Aluni once uncle left. "Yeah?", I asked. "Would you like to drive for stake F1 team kick Sauber?", he asked. "Wait, for the session that's coming now where you can test for the 2025 season?", I asked. "No, as in, for the 2025 season, FIA cleared it, one of your fathers know, and they approved it, they secretly asked your other fathers without them knowing about it, they said that they're fine with it too. We think you would be an amazing fit for our team, and you've recently got your super license, so, please, say yes?", explained Aluni. "Y-yes, of course, oh my gosh, thank you so much for the opportunity!", I said excited. "Oh, yeah, the media wants to do something, a thing on the podium with all 2025 drivers, so, you have to be here, your shirt can be found over there, with the monitors", said Aluni. "When?", I asked. "Now", replied Aluni. "Yeah, thank you, oh my god", I said. He smiled as I ran to my shirt and changed somewhere privately. I ran to the podium. "No way! You're the new driver!", yelled uncle Zhou. "Yes, I am, the contract still has to be signed, but yeah", I replied. He hugged me and jumped in the air. My fathers were standing there shook. "I'll be driving with you next year", I said excited. Dad Lando quickly threw his arms around be, followed by the rest. "Don't beat me, I want an extra world championship", said papa afterwards. "I'm sure you will, I'm not that good", I answered.

"And for the last team, we have the new-named team, stake F1 team kick Sauber!", yelled Will as me and uncle Zhou got on the podium. Everyone started cheering. "And we see we have a new big talent that's driving for the team", said Will. I just smiled. "So, let's begin, how is everyone feeling for next season?", asked Will. Most of them said great, excited or look forward to it. So did I. "Then, how are the fathers of Flora coping with having to drive with their own daughter next season?", asked Will to my fathers. I looked in their direction. "Absolutely, great, I look forward to it. I'm sure she'll beat my ass, that's going to be a bit annoying. But I'm proud of her making it so fast", said père Pierre. "Yeah, no offense guys, but I'm glad I'm going to have some competition", said papa. Everyone laughed. "No, kidding, I'm really happy she's driving with us, more competition, that was already here of course", continued papa. "Absolutely amazing and I really am going to enjoy driving around her", said dad Lewis. The rest basically said the same. "And Fernando and Flora, the age gap, 27 years how does that make you feel?", asked Will afterwards. "Oooooh", said uncle Lance. Grandpa Nando and I laughed. "I think it's really great, and I look forward to have some 27 years age gap podiums", replied grandpa Nando. "Alright, enough about Flora, who do you guys think that will win the drivers and constructors championship next year?", asked Will. Everyone said either papa and Red bull or me and Red bull. They asked some more questions and we left the podium. "My god, I can't believe it", said dad Lewis behind it. "Yeah, I can't believe you're going to get your ass kicked by your own daughter next season", I replied jokingly. "No need to rub it in!", said dad. "No, no, I'm not going to beat your ass", I replied. "Yeah, no, I believe in myself, but I have to be honest too, you'll definitely beat my ass out there", said dad. "You sure?", I asked. "One hundred percent", said dad. "Thanks", I replied. I can't wait for next season.