Part 28:The news

Flora Formula

24 august 2024

I woke up to a message on my phone. It's Jack telling me to look at twitter.

No. No, no, no. No! It can't be, how did they found out? It's a F1 rumours account. The title of the post, it's not what I had expected. The seven and their girlfriends kidnapped? There was a link under it, so I clicked on it.

We heard someone that works for F1 say that the seven and their girlfriends are kidnapped, once again. Apparently they have been being kidnapped a lot of times. We always thought they were just on trips. And our informant has told that Flora is the target of the kidnappers. Is Flora the lead cause of the Seven being kidnapped?

No, no. Jack called me. "Flora.", he said. "It can't be, Jack. How did they know?", I asked. "I don't know, dad told me.", said Jack. "It can't be, fuck.", I said. "Hey, do you want to come to the paddock?", asked Jack. "What else can I do? And if I don't, who know what they will say, that it's true? That I'm the cause of the kidnapping, and I know it's my fault, I, I just. It hurts if the media even says it.", I said. "You can stay here, let the media think what they think.", said Jack. "They don't even say that I suffered.", I said. "Bring out a message that you did!", said Jack over the phone. "Well, how?", I asked. "Show your arms.", said Jack a little doubtingly. "Jack, you know how I feel about it.", I said. "I know, but the accusations will be worse.", he said. "I'll think about it.", I said hanging up. I got ready. I chose to wear an oversized T-shirt, but with short sleeves. Jack, this better work. I gathered my stuff and went to the hallway. "I see you followed Jack his advice.", said grandpa Toto. "Yeah, it better work.", I said. We were waiting for my siblings. "Alright, guys, I'm going to enter the paddock a little later with Flora, because the media will be all over her, so you're going to go earlier, you won't be held up as much. Aunt Suzie and Jack will go with you.", said grandpa to my siblings. "Okay.", said Dre. "Bye honey.", said aunt Suzie kissing grandpa. "Bye, good luck.", said grandpa. She took the children along. "Who the hell could have said that! None of my uncles would, right?", I asked angrily. "No, I don't know who did it.", said grandpa running through his hair. "It's someone that works in F1.", I said. "Yeah, you have stewards, security, volunteers, interviewers, and much more.", said grandpa. "Wait a minute, there is one particular interviewer who knew about this. And it happens that he's pretty mad at me and dad Lewis, so this would be the perfect opportunity for him.", I said in realization. "No, you don't think it's Nico, right?", asked grandpa. "If you look at the facts.", I said. "It's very likely that it's him, what an asshole.", I said. "Tell me about it.", I said. "We need to go, I don't want to be late.", said grandpa. "Yeah, probably.", I said. We walked to his car.

I got a message from the news. "Some of my uncles did an interview.", I said. "Let me hear it.", said grandpa Toto. First up was grandpa Nando. "What I think about it? I think it's absolutely devastating that people can be so cruel. A girl, and her siblings, lost their family in a really gruesome way, and you're starting to blame her. I remember the day after the race in Belgium. I forgot something on track, so I went back. There was a team principal meeting, I could see Flora standing there, her clothes, they were all bloody. She never saw me. She's broken, and sad, and you're just blaming it all on her. That's really cruel.", said grandpa Nando. Then was uncle A. "If I'm sad if my brother is gone? Yeah, Of course. I miss him, he doesn't deserve this. I hope it's going to turn out okay.", said uncle A. "And what do you think about everything that has been said about Flora?", asked the interviewer to him. "No, but people, she's a kid. Why are you putting the blame on her? That's really not okay. She's trying her best to comfort her siblings and make sure that they're happy, that she isn't looking after herself. Put the blame on the kidnappers, not on a freaking child.", said uncle A. The last one was uncle Oscar. "How are you seeing the situation?", asked the interviewer to him. "I can't believe that they're blaming Flora. She's a kid, she's hurt, and it isn't the first time that she's hurt. It has happened a lot. She always tries her best for her siblings, that we have to look after her. The whole grid and friends are stepping in for the family, we can't imagine what they must be going through.", said uncle Oscar. "Damn.", I said. "Did they blame you in the article?", asked grandpa Toto surprised. "Yeah, they blamed me.", I said sighing. "That's not human, what the hell.", said grandpa. "Fuck, it's all happening too fast.", I said. "Hey, it'll be alright, we just need to get through the entrance.", said grandpa Toto. "Yeah.", I said.

I walked to the entrance. "Hey, if you don't want to answer the questions that they're asking, just walk away, or say no comment.", said grandpa. "I think I'm going to answer their questions.", I said. "Your choice, I'll be behind you the entire time.", said grandpa. "Thanks.", I said. The media was already there. "Ready?", asked grandpa. "Yep.", I said. We walked to the people together. "Is it true?", asked an interviewer. "I'm verry sorry to say this, but it is.", I said. "Has this happened before?", asked another interviewer. "Yes, it has.", I said. "Have you been kidnapped?", asked another interviewer. I sighed. "Yes, I have.", I said. "That's all, Flora, come on.", said grandpa pulling me along. We went to a media free zone. "I've had it, I want to go back to my fathers.", I said to Grandpa. I started tearing up. "Hey, it's alright.", he said hugging me. "It's not, they're kidnapped because of me, and, I know that Papa is hurt, and, god. I miss them.", I said holding him tight. "They will be fine.", said grandpa. "You don't know that.", I said. "Flora, stop thinking bad, you're overreacting.", he said. "Overreacting? The last time someone of my family was there, they died.", I said. "I'm sure Luisa and Isa are taking care of your family.", replied grandpa softly. "Maybe.", I said letting him go. "F.", I heard. "Uncle A.", I said. He hugged me. "How are you, I'm sorry I didn't come earlier.", he said. "I'll survive, and it's fine.", I said. "Don't listen to the media, none of it is your fault.", he said. "Is it?", I asked. "No!", said grandpa Toto. "And Flora?! Your arms.", said uncle Arthur with his mouth wide open. "They're fine.", I said. "Why have you never even shown this before?", asked uncle A. "Because of this, this reaction.", I said. "I bet your fathers had a bigger reaction.", said uncle A. I looked at him. "They don't know?!", he yelled. "Keep it down, and no, they don't.", said grandpa. "Flora!", said uncle A. "What was I supposed to tell them?!", I asked. "That your arms are full of scars? That their daughter has been in pain? That their daughter IS in pain?", asked uncle A. "They don't need to know about that!", I said. "Yes, they do.", said grandpa. "No, they have more important stuff to do, that stuff that they can't do right now because they're gone, because of me.", I said. I saw Nico walking. "Flora, no.", said grandpa Toto. I came up to him and pushed him. "You had no right to tell the media that!", I yelled. "What makes you think it was me?!", he yelled back. "It's always you!", I yelled back. Uncle A held me back from beating the hell out of him. "So what? The world deserves to know where their drivers are!", said Nico. "Yeah, but you know what accusations there are now?!", yelled grandpa. "Yeah, they think Flora did it, and honestly, I couldn't agree more. Right when you were born, they started to be missing out on stuff, quite a lot.", said Nico. I stood back. "Don't you dare say that again!", said grandpa. I ran away. My eyes were tearing up. I ran inside a meeting room and sat against the wall. I was crying my eyes out, and I didn't stop it. Because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop it. I knew it was because of me, but somebody to actually say that, it just hurts in a different way. The door opened. It was grandpa Zak. "Hey kiddo, you alright?", asked grandpa Zak. "I'm fine, can you just leave me alone?", I asked. "Alright, I will come to check up on you in a few minutes.", I said. He walked away. I kept sitting.

"Hey kiddo, how are you?", I heard somebody ask. I looked up. It was grandpa Seb. "What are you doing here?", I asked. "Checking up your family.", said grandpa. "My siblings are probably in the Mercedes building, and my fathers and their girlfriends, well, if you know, I would be happy to hear it.", I said. "Yeah, and you are here.", said grandpa. He sat next to me. "Stop worrying about me.", I said. "Well, clearly you're not fine, what's up?", asked grandpa. "I don't know where more than half my family is, I know some of them aren't fine. I don't know how to support my siblings. And it's all because of me!", I said. "None of it is your fault!", said grandpa. He hugged me and held me close. I put my head on his shoulder. I missed doing this with my fathers. "Yes, it is.", I said. "No it isn't.", said grandpa. I knew I wouldn't be able to win this conversation, so I just stopped talking.