Chapter 26

Castiel's p.o.v

Cas was bad with other people's emotions. And he didn't know what to do with Dean right now. He thought telling Dean everything would help him, make him feel better about the whole situation. But after he told Dean about his dad's partnership with the Styne's, he'd gone quiet. He'd been sitting, tapping his fingers lost in his own thought now for twenty minutes. Cas just looking him over.

"Dean -" he started but didn't know what to say. What could he say?

Finally, Dean looked to him, "Don't move him down the list."

"What?" Cas asked, confused.

"Don't move my dad down your list. Get him first, then we move on to the Styne's." Dean said seriously.

"We?"

Dean nodded, "If you think I'd sit back and just let you do everything alone, then you chose the wrong fucking guy to take and the wrong guy to tell your plans to."

Cas raised his eyebrows at Dean surprised by this, then looked over him, at his arm in its cast, stomach bandaged up hiding his stitches there. "You're not in any condition, Dean, and won't be for a while."

Dean rolled his eyes, "I don't want a physical part in taking my dad down. By the time that's done, my stomach will be fully healed. And I'm still good with a gun, even one handed."

Cas bit at his lip, a small mixture of pride invading in on his feeling of worry over Dean. "You'd be a liability if you weren't at a hundred percent."

Dean shook his head, "You either bring me in on this, or I'll do what I need to in order to get out from under you and do it myself. But I think I'd have a better chance sticking with you until this is through. So either take me or don't, and I'll become such a nightmare for you,  I'll never stop trying to leave here until I get what I want."

Cas ran his hand through his hair, thinking through the possibilities. If Dean's hand wasn't healed before they went after the Styne's, he would be a liability. But three years ago, while he was still beaten and hanging on to his life, if an opportunity like this had come up, he would have murdered anyone who stood in his way to take it. "Fine. I'll cut you in on all this then. But if you're not ready when the time comes, you best understand you might not be walking away. I can't jeopardize everything to keep you safe."

Dean nodded his head quickly. He looked Cas over for a moment before giving him a genuine smile, "Thank you, Cas. Really, I appreciate, well all of this."

Cas looked him over, wanting to smile back but feeling like he's showed enough emotions for today. He nodded, standing and getting more medicine out and handing the pills and water to Dean. "If you want to be involved in all of this. You need to be better. So take your fucking medicine and rest and heal or else I'll force feed it to you myself."

Dean kept grinning as he took the pills from Cas' outstretched hand, "Such a way with words, how can I say no to that?"

Dean's p.o.v

A few days later and it seems like anytime Dean is awake their time is spent talking through the plans of how everything would play out for them both to get their revenge. Dean wanting to get recordings of all the family members to pinpoint who he needed to target, Benny making calls to start working on this. Currently, Cas was fantasizing out loud of exactly how he would murder Monroe and Jacob, and even Dean lost his color to how he wanted their lives snuffed out.

He felt odd suddenly, with hearing Cas talk this way. They were in the bedroom sprawled across the bed just talking when he sat up, understanding flooding him as he looked down to his lap. He was turned on. He repositioned in the covers, Cas not noticing as he continued detailing out the future torture and murder of his ex lover. Dean had to zone out because this wasn't normal. Again, his body reacting to something it shouldn't.