Chapter 54

Castiel's p.o.v

Everyone tried talking to him, but he pushed them away. He'd dried up his tears and was moving about the room he had taken since he arrived. He strapped every weapon he could to his body. He wouldn't wait another day, wouldn't even wait another hour. He spotted Dean's gun on the dresser. It had been packed up with everything else, and Cas had set it out, planned to take it with him Saturday to give to Dean to use. He grabbed it, adding it with everything else he had.

As he walked for the door, Gabriel jogged up next to him, "Where in the hell do you think you're going?" He asked, looking Cas over.

"Out." Cas said, not offering him more than that.

"We don't even know if the hand is Dean's. We've sent it to dad's doctor. He is going to run his blood type against the hands and go from there. You need to at least wait for the results." Gabe said, trying to move in front of Cas, but Cas kept sidestepping him, shoving him out of his way.

"Who's fucking hand would it be Gabe?" Cas said finally making it to the front door, flinging it open and heading for one of his cars.

"Cas. You know I'll have to tell dad. He's going to flip his shit." Gabe said, finally stopping at the car Cas was now climbing into.

"Good. Fucking tell him Gabe. Let's see if he actually gets off his ass to do something. Or maybe he will wait until parts of me arrive in a box." Cas started the car quickly peeling out of the long driveway, heading back to a place he hadn't been to in years, back to the Styne family compound.

He was betting on the fact that him running off alone would make his father make his move a day early. He just needed to get to Dean, make sure he was safe, buy him some time until backup could arrive. He knew that he would barely make a dent on his own, but he didn't care. Jacob wouldn't kill him. He just had to keep him from hurting Dean more.

His phone was buzzing in his pocket, but he ignored it, driving through and then out the city, knowing the way to Jacob by heart.

Within the hour he arrived, the guards at the entrance to the drive recognizing and letting him through, he wouldn't waste his time or bullets on them. He made his way down the long sprawling drive, large perfectly groomed trees lining either side, their perfectly manicured lawn and immaculate house hiding away all the ugliness they hid inside.

He threw the car into park, quickly hopping out of the car, one gun already drawn. The three guards at the door noticed he didn't come here just to talk, as they were drawing their weapons, Cas quickly aimed his gun at them one at a time, taking them down. As he made his way to the front door, he was confronted with more men. He stayed behind one closed heavy oak door and would pop around the open side, aiming and shooting into the front entrance hall. While they were definitely firing back at him, he could tell they were holding back. No doubt having orders not to kill him. And he used these orders to his advantage.

Four more men fell to the marble floor, their blood painting the glimmering white crimson. Cas quickly ejected his empty clip, popping a new one in from his pocket. He peaked around the door and heard a gunshot close by his head, the wood from the door splintering around him as he ducked back. Someone didn't get the memo about keeping him alive. He waited for just a breath before popping back around the side of the door, shooting off several rounds, taking two more down. The front entrance was now suspiciously empty as he stepped through the door and over the bodies.

He didn't need to take everyone down. He just needed to stall. And not die. And not get Dean killed.

As he made his way into the side hallway, he had to kick down a door as shots rang down in his direction. Standing in the doorway to a bathroom, he took his cover and returned the fire, he thinks he hit one of the two men at the end of the hall, but he wasn't sure. He kept up with his bullet count as they returned fire, he swung around the door firing off the last two shots in this clip, the two guards now much closer than they were before but a head shot for one and a shot to the shoulder for the other handled that problem. As he walked down the hall kicking away the guards gun he'd kept alive, he unloaded his used clip, putting a fresh one in.