A Moment Please::Chapter 6

"Scott what the hell is that?" My mother screams and I wince knowing that this isn't going to end well.

Stiles looks horrified and Scott tries to cover up his fear. Well somebody has to start the conversation or its going to be obvious.

"Oh, um Scott was practising lacrosse and got hurt yesterday mom," I say sweetly breaking the tension. Mom raises and eyebrow and hesitantly walks in the room.

" Can I see?" She asks Scott in a motherly way. I smile at how much Scott becomes a little boy in front of her, it's so sweet. Stiles stands to the side biting his nails nervously and I fight the urge to laugh.

While mother and son are talking I walk to the corner of my room where Stiles is currently silently freaking out.

"Hey everything okay?" I whisper but he just keeps fidgeting and biting his nails.

"Stiles stop!" I grab his wrist finally getting his attention.

He blushes and my eyes widen. Slowly moving his hand away from his mouth I try not to hyperventilate. My stomach is turning upside down and I can't stop it. I mean it's not like I haven't held his hand before but for some reason this is different. Or is it? He looks at me nervously and his multi colored hazel eyes bore into mine.

"Um guys?" A voice floats through my haze. Snapping out of it I see Scott and Mom looking at us weirdly. I let go of Stiles's wrist as quick as possible and try to cover the blush creeping on my cheeks.

"Um honey I'm going to take the boys to their game want to join us?" Mom says breaking the growing tension. I nod thankfully and follow them out the door.