Build A Bridge::Chapter 58

Lydia POV

I close the white door behind me and turn to Bri.

Time for some answers..

I put on a stern face, and place a hand on my hip.

"What is going on?" I demand and she looks up, looking like a totally different person with the black highlights, tears once again flowing down her face.

Oh my gosh..was I too harsh?

I sit down next to her and keep silent, knowing she needs her space.

"I-I just can't cope with last night," Bri stammers and I look at her sympathetically.

She feels guilty..

"I know, I was only trapped in a room, I can't imagine what you've been through," I whisper but immediately I know it's the wrong thing to say.

The air in the room tightens around us, and I see anger cloud her brown eyes.

"You're right, you can't," She says but her voice isn't understanding or sad. It's angry.

What did I do?

Nervousness floods through me, as she rises and looks at me, her tears gone.

" Leave," Bri orders strongly and I blink in shock.

What?

"Bri, I was just trying to-"

"Just get out!" She shouts and my heart jumps to my throat.

What is going on?

Bri's face is flushed with anger and she just points at the door, signaling my exit.

I don't even know what I did...

Nevertheless, I grab my stuff and walk out the door.

Not looking back.

Bri's POV

No one understands..

No one will ever understand...

I watch as Lydia leaves, her face hurt and confused, and slam the door behind her.

An unknown rage pounds through me, making me breath heavily and clench my fists.

I wasn't fast enough to save that man. I definetly didn't kill the Alpha all the way. I almost killed my friends.

And most of all, none of this would have happened if I had just saved Scott that night.

And I didnt.

I'm useless.

I grab a random pillow and scream into it, releasing my frustration and sadness.

My throat burns and begs for a break but I don't stop, screaming my heart out into a pillow.

When my throat finally dies of sound, I push the pillow off my face and sit up, momentarily drained.

My feet have their own mind, as I walk up to my dresser and stare back at my reflection.

The girl I look at startles me and I don't regognize her.

The girl has bright glossy brown hair with black highlights, making her face look dark and mean. Her hair is all over the place and her eyes are puffy and red.

I don't like her...

With a sudden jolt, my mind clicks, and I realize that's me.