The New Brianna Mcall::Chapter 55

Bri's POV

"Brianna! Breakfast!" Mom yells from downstairs and I snap out of my stupor.

I hope this isn't too drastic..

Black highlights...

Mom is going to freak..

Nevertheless I slip on my black combat boots and sling my dark purple backpack over my shoulder.

I leave my room a mess, and bolt doen the stairs, skidding to a stop in front of the table.

Mom stands there in front of the stove, a baby blue bathrobe tied around her, and I try to smile.

Dont be too sad..

Here we go...

"Good morning," I say and she turns. Her smile fades immediately and I cringe in the inside.

She dosent like it...

"Brianna?!" Mom screams and I shut my eyes, knowing I will have to give an explanation. No doubt my heart is racing just a bit, but I know this is what I want.

At least for now.

I want to be like this, black highlights, dark and brooding. Maybe it will last maybe it wont. But for now this is what I feel comfortable in.

Not pink lip gloss, and tight body hugging dresses.

My mom's dark brown eyes are wide and she looks at me weirdly.

"Brianna what's wrong honey?" She murmurs worriedly and I rest a hand on my hip, my throat burning, my heart thumping.

"Why would anything be wrong?"I ask as nonchantly as possible. But on the interior my heart bruns, tears threaten to spill out of my eyes, and I feel sadness course through me.

I've been through a lot..too much. And now this is the only way I know to cope with it. I'm not the same person and I never will be. And no one will ever accept the new me.

"You- You just don't look like yourself hon," Mom explains and I see her eyes scan my soul.

"Trying something new," I respond and look away, grabbing a scone.

She has the right mind to shut her mouth and instead she simply nods, filling my Starbucks coffee holder with some black coffee.

My heart beats wildly from my lie and I hate it. I hate the guilt I,feel right now but there's no other way.

What am I supposed to say?

Oh yeah, I battled an Alpha, almost died, saw a dead peron, couldn't save him and now am probably going through depression.

The last word hits home hard and I blink furiously, keeping the tears out of my eyes.

I focus on the scone, scarfing it down and avoid looking at Mom.

Out of the corner of my eye I see her out the lid on the coffee holder and I reach for it , wanting to get out of here now.

My heart beats like there's no tomorrow and I walk out the door, casually.

The wind blows through my hair and I take a deep breath, calming myself and immersing into my quiet surrondings.

Whether they like the new me or not, it's happening.

And there's no stopping it.

A/N Bri is so deep right now tho..lol

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter and if you did please don't forget to vote and comment!

I'm sort of losing my confidence because of the lack of reads. I know that yes, I have 1.38k reads and that's amazing don't get me wrong. But honestly it dosent increase. For days it will stay the same number then raise a few digits. If you guys can help me out and give me a shourout, spread the word, that would mean so much. OK enough of my problems.

I hope I didn't bore you.

Till next time...

~Your wattpad buddy and author~

◇◇Kripaxoxo◇◇